Jaw,face,teeth problem

Watch
Aimslynch
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
So for a couple of years ive always new ive had a problem with my jaw as I grind my teeth when I sleep and I have constant jaw Ache and pains from my ears down my neck on a daily basis im constantly tensing my jaw all day i try to relax it but its really hard the pain is horrible to a point it makes me sizzy or feel sick some days I just dont eat due to the pain of my teeth but it wasn't untill recent it was a family members birthday we had pictures done and I notices that the bottom half of my face had shifted to the right side meaning my chin had moved massively i have never panicked so much in my life i already suffer with social anxiety so I never go out so I never really noticed and I thought that the pain was normal always assumed it was a human thing that happens im so sad due to people saying im a pretty girl but now ive seen my face from a picture its made my anxiety even worse im constant covering the lower half of my face infront of family I really don't no what to do I keep looking in the mirror opening and closing my mouth it doesnt close straight atall from what I've researched its a crossbite and maybe a undeveloped jawi honestly dont no what to do i need help
Chopinnocturne31
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Go to your dentist. They will probably refer you to an orthodontist but I’m still tagging Mesopotamian. because I don’t want to say anything wrong 😂
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
Go to your dentist. They will probably refer you to an orthodontist but I’m still tagging Mesopotamian. because I don’t want to say anything wrong 😂
Second this opinion

OP it sounds as if you definitely have bruxism (which is the teeth grinding) and temporomandibular disorder (your jaw has shifted and unable to close jaw in a straight line). This is treatable using splints (nigh guards) and orthognathic surgery if indicated so I would highly recommend seeing your dentist so that they can help you.
I also don't think your jaw shift is as obvious to other people as it is to you - I have a friend who has the same issue and no one noticed until she pointed it out to us, so you don't need to stress yourself out so much about appearance.
hjm40213550
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Could be TMJ which is really common and is cause my jaw clenching and/or teeth grinding. I’d see/call a GP about it and explain everything you’ve written and anything else to do with it and ask if it’s worth seeing a dentist/orthodontist. I’m not medically inclined at all but have recently been through this pretty much the same recently so I hope this helps!
SashaF
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You need a night guard or mouth guard to wear at night which will help. If it's too painful take your normal painkillers and you can use a cold/hot compress. Also if you have a cross bite visit your dentist who will refer you on to an orthodontist and further give you more options. Good luck
Aimslynch
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have a mouth guard I've had plenty but I can't wear them the swell my gums up and yes I have a cross bite which has changed my whole appearance my jaw and chin looks asif its shifted to my right side
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads