The Student Room Group

Can you appeal predicted grades? Wjec

I missed out on my dentistry offer because my predicted grade for chemistry was a B. I feel this is unfair and I have test results to prove this, is there any way I can appeal predicted grades or are they set in stone? Like who would I contact to do this. I can't really contact my chemistry teacher. Any ideas anyone? This is under the WJEC exam board by the way.
Reply 1
Original post by Bvbfan
I missed out on my dentistry offer because my predicted grade for chemistry was a B. I feel this is unfair and I have test results to prove this, is there any way I can appeal predicted grades or are they set in stone? Like who would I contact to do this. I can't really contact my chemistry teacher. Any ideas anyone? This is under the WJEC exam board by the way.

The government has now allowed school predicted grades to stand instead of what the algorithms came up with. On that basis there won't be any appeal process, and it's far too late for the school to change anything (I don't know, but I doubt there ever was the possibility of them doing this). Your only option now is to reapply and actually take the exam in the autumn to prove your point.

Update: I've looked it up. See OFQUAL Policy page 16: "... that students and/or parents have no right of appeal against the Centre Assessed Grade submitted by the school: We have decided that we should adopt our proposal that we should not provide an opportunity for students to challenge their centre assessment grade or their position in the centre’s rank order through an appeal. A student will be able to ask their centre to check whether they made an error when submitting a centre assessment grade and including them in the centre’s rank order. They will be able to raise a complaint to their centre if they have evidence of bias or that they were discriminated against; they could also pass such evidence on to the exam board who could investigate for potential malpractice." Though that changed - and changed again when it was decided to accept the CAGs as they stood - there's no chance that you can now challenge the school's submission except on the basis stated above.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending