ARU official - if learning online for 1st trimester, what happens to accommodation?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
ARU recently emailed saying if some students wish to learn online for the first 3 months, they can and just need to fill a form in. My question is what happens to things such as my student accommodation, I have a place at uni but am not sure how I would sign up for the student accommodation there and if I chose to be taught online for the first 3 months, what will happen to student accommodation at ARU.
Also how would we be taught online, would there be online zoom classes?
Any help appreciated
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You need to reply to the email asking these questions.

Do you WANT to study online? Why would you choose that option?
ununpentium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You will still be eligible for student accommodation even if you choose to study online for the first trimester

The online teaching will happen over Microsoft Teams, aided by interactive elements on the universities Canvas site (virtual learning environment)
Last edited by ununpentium; 4 months ago
ARUStudents
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi,

I hope you are well and this might be late. Sorry it took us this long to respond and hope you have heard back officially.

I am still going to reply in case this helps you still or helps someone else in this position.

Regarding the accommodation for first 3 months and what happens after those 3 months please consider emailing the accommodation team on [email protected] (if in Cambridge you can also email [email protected] if in Chelmsford [email protected] to explore options.
For the classes, it will be online if you opt for fully online teaching so it will be virtually through Microsoft teams or pre recorded lectures for some courses.

Syeda
#TeamARU

(Original post by Anonymous)
ARU recently emailed saying if some students wish to learn online for the first 3 months, they can and just need to fill a form in. My question is what happens to things such as my student accommodation, I have a place at uni but am not sure how I would sign up for the student accommodation there and if I chose to be taught online for the first 3 months, what will happen to student accommodation at ARU.
Also how would we be taught online, would there be online zoom classes?
Any help appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (416)
56.52%
I don't have everything I need (320)
43.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed