HolaNeinoa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,

I’m going to go to my current school’s sixth form,
their subjects are quite restricted but it’s a good sixth form. I fell short of being able to do 3 a-levels, but i was offered to do BTEC Business Level 1, Psychology A-Level and History A-Level. Is this a good mix as I want to do something in law or politics when I’m older. Also is it all equivalent to 3 a levels and allowed in most unis?
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why are you being offered business level 1? This is not the right level, it's equivalent to a foundation GCSE. You should be looking at doing a level 3 BTEC. (I can't imagine you'd be doing level 1 this year, l2 next and l3 the year after if you've managed to get on to do two A-levels) Whether the BTEC would be accepted would depend on the course and university, policies will differ. You will definitely find some universities willing to take you.
HolaNeinoa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Why are you being offered business level 1? This is not the right level, it's equivalent to a foundation GCSE. You should be looking at doing a level 3 BTEC. (I can't imagine you'd be doing level 1 this year, l2 next and l3 the year after if you've managed to get on to do two A-levels) Whether the BTEC would be accepted would depend on the course and university, policies will differ. You will definitely find some universities willing to take you.
Wait so I shouldn’t be doing Level 1 BTEC Business and instead Level 3? But I want to do 2 a levels also
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by HolaNeinoa)
Wait so I shouldn’t be doing Level 1 BTEC Business and instead Level 3? But I want to do 2 a levels also
I don't see what doing 2 A-levels has to do with it, a Level 3 BTEC is not necessarily triple award. You should be looking to do 2 A-levels and a Level 3, single award BTEC in your case.

You would effectively be doing 2 A-levels and a GCSE equivalent otherwise, rather than 3 A-level equivalents.
nzy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by HolaNeinoa)
You're probably looking to take the Level 3 BTEC "Extended Certificate" in Business, which is equivalent to 1 A-Level.
HolaNeinoa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by nzy)
You're probably looking to take the Level 3 BTEC "Extended Certificate" in Business, which is equivalent to 1 A-Level.
Oh ok understood, so Extended Certificate is equivalent to 1 Alevel and Extended Diploma is 3 a levels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.26%
I'm not sure (25)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (178)
31.73%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.14%
I'm not a current university student (266)
47.42%

Watched Threads