shyma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I will be going to college soon and I have been confused about whether I should choose btec or a level law?
tragictimes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I would choose A Level. Here's a website link with comparisons between A Levels and BTECs https://targetcareers.co.uk/careers-...-should-i-take

Here's a thread on TSR that is very similar to your question but is a bit old https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4115829
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by shyma)
I will be going to college soon and I have been confused about whether I should choose btec or a level law?
Do you prefer doing lots of coursework or sitting exams after learning content after content two years later?
shyma
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I don’t mind doing a lots of course work but I’m interested in studying law at uni and the college I’m applying for don’t have A level in law but the offer betic in law .
Raven Firefly
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by shyma)
I don’t mind doing a lots of course work but I’m interested in studying law at uni and the college I’m applying for don’t have A level in law but the offer betic in law .
Some universities prefer you not to have done law at A Level because it teaches you bad habits. I don't know about Btec but if you decide to do A Levels don't do Law if you want to do law at the unis which doesn't accept it. You might want to do some more research about the unis you want to apply to. But that being said some unis do accept it and some unis may even prefer it. It all depends on the uni. If you really want to do law and think that it will be enjoyable for you go for it, but do keep the unis you want to apply to in mind.
Copasetic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
A level law. From experience unis do not care if you have A level law, this is a myth, they just are not bothered if you have it or not. They only care about you getting AAA. So definitely not BTEC. Study A level law if you want, to see if you want to study it at degree level (like me) but otherwise just study 3 solid subjects that you can do well in. Ideally they would showcase both essay writing and analytical skills.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by shyma)
It depends what you see yourself doing with it. A level is supposedly the top qualification accepted by everyone. BTEC is accepted by a high % of unis for most courses. All things being equal if BTEC works for the target entrance and you are much better at coursework then do BTEC. If you have a choice or do better at exams then do A level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (235)
56.49%
I don't have everything I need (181)
43.51%

Watched Threads