Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
so due to the mess that has been a-level results, i ended up in clearing, found a place at sussex, got assigned my accommodation- east slope: shared bathroom, living with like 10 people.

i am being treated for anxiety and depression, and have been for a bit now, i feel quite uncomfortable around so many people (10 is a lot for me). all the private accommodation is so expensive in brighton! i was in private for my firm choice uni and and it was cheaper than sussex’s northfield rooms. when i was looking for clearing places, i didn’t think to look at how expensive place are there
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Have you spoken to Sussex about this.

With evidence of a need for smaller groups then they will try to reassign you although it might take a while to arrange (or even happen a week or three into term time).
University of Sussex Official Reps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so due to the mess that has been a-level results, i ended up in clearing, found a place at sussex, got assigned my accommodation- east slope: shared bathroom, living with like 10 people.

i am being treated for anxiety and depression, and have been for a bit now, i feel quite uncomfortable around so many people (10 is a lot for me). all the private accommodation is so expensive in brighton! i was in private for my firm choice uni and and it was cheaper than sussex’s northfield rooms. when i was looking for clearing places, i didn’t think to look at how expensive place are there
Hello, if you want to swap rooms within University-managed accommodation, you'll need to complete a swap form at the Housing Office. The option to swap rooms will begin at the start of autumn term (at least a week after you have moved in, to give you a chance to get to know your flat mates, etc., and hence make a more informed decision about swapping). The fee for room swaps is 26 pounds per person, and you are responsible for finding a person willing to swap with you. You can use the online swap list search open to Sussex University Students on Sussex Direct Website to find someone willing to swap with you. You will receive those login details at the start of the term.
Both persons need to sign the agreement, and pay the room swap fee, and any outstanding fee for their previous housing agreement for the duration of time spent in that accommodation.

The accommodation you are currently allocated in East Lope is the newest on campus, and thus I presume many people will be interested in potentially swapping with you. So, I would say you chances of being re-allocated are pretty good

In the mean time, it is worth contacting housing services at Sussex ([email protected], 01273 678220) and enquiring about whether it would be possible for them to revise your accommodation offer now, given your mental health needs.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Sussex University Medical Neuroscience Student (MSCI) with a Year Abroad)
wrtseo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I've been given a room in Kings Road accommodation, which although also has shared bathrooms is only with 5 people. It is also significantly cheaper than East Slope, despite being located on the seafront right in the middle of Brighton. If you have no issue living in off-campus halls and would like to arrange to swap when swapping becomes an option at the start of term let me know
xJC26
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

I currently have an ensuite room in stanmer and its 4 to 6 people per halls if youre up to swap.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.41%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (91)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.51%

Watched Threads