The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do about this situation

So I was pretty sure that someone in my lectures like me, turns out they did and ever since I knew it (indirectly realised) I have been doing nothing to initiate because I am afraid it won't work out.

Some time ago I ended a relationship with someone and ever since I have been really cautious, I don't want it to be awkward in my lectures and most of all I am worried she might lose interest if I show interest which has happened before.

If I make a move and it goes wrong I will regret it, so I know it could be a horrible ending.

I just have no clue.
Reply 1
You can either go for it and take a chance or you can think about it forever on why you didn't. You can make that choice.
Hi,

Do you like them too? Because if you do worse case scenario they either end up boring, as awkward and the they will be no spark. I usually refrain from talking to people from out uni mainly because I feel like they’ll chat **** about me to their friends but what they say about me behind my back isn’t my business. If they lose interest it’s not the end of the world. It happens to the best of us and it’ll be an interesting memory x
It's up to you if you want to take that risk, and there's no shame in deciding that you're not ready for a romantic relationship at the moment, even if you like this person! The only way you'll know for sure is if you do ask them out, and you can definitely have that conversation about your caution and wanting to stay friends whatever happens.

Also, lectures are massive so the awkwardness would likely be abated somewhat :smile:
If you're both reasonably kind, mature people, then even if it doesn't end well there's no reason it should be awkward (maybe for a week or so, but no longer). Especially if your lectures are crowded as @becausethenight mentioned. It's your choice if you want to ask them out, show interest in the hopes that they'll ask you out, or do nothing; just think about whether you're genuinely interested in them or just want to pursue it because you know they like you.
What you should do is to go out and get yourself a girlfriend from outside of your uni course.

What you should do is to try to stop taking your life so seriously.

So what if you have setbacks?

Start throwing caution to the wind. Let your hair down. Go out and meet and talk to women.
Loosen up. Stop being so uptight.

Be more enthusiastic.

Look for the positives and don't focus on the negatives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending