The Student Room Group

Any tips for year 11?

I feel as if I won't be able to cope with year 11 because of the pressure and the idiots disturbing class and the fact that there is too many topics to cover especially maths, french speaking exam will be hell for me as I mumble alot and for english I struggle to get past a grade 4,I know I will fail every one of my subjects because I am bad at every single one of them even though I try my hardest I end up crying in class because I feel I am not pleading my parents, I also hate when my friends brag about their scores which are really high, I just wanna punch them in the face, I always do my schoolwork and homework and I try my best to hand it in on time if I don't leave it to last minute, I have tried to use a number generator for maths so I can do a topic each time so i will get it done easy, then I can pinpoint the topics I need to go over again, biology is easy for me as I'm keen on it, history is good aswell, I just need to structure my answers, English is ok I just hate the teacher, physics is ok I just feel uncomfortable around male teachers idk why, maths is alright I guess it's just too many topics, business is hell because there is too much to cover and the teacher is horrible, gave me 2 detentions for not handing in 2 separate pieces of hmk, one time was because I left it in my book and took my book home to revise out of and the second one is because I forgot. Honestly idk why I even bother because my grades will come out appalling like my life is.
Original post by XxBethlawlorXx
I feel as if I won't be able to cope with year 11 because of the pressure and the idiots disturbing class and the fact that there is too many topics to cover especially maths, french speaking exam will be hell for me as I mumble alot and for english I struggle to get past a grade 4,I know I will fail every one of my subjects because I am bad at every single one of them even though I try my hardest I end up crying in class because I feel I am not pleading my parents, I also hate when my friends brag about their scores which are really high, I just wanna punch them in the face, I always do my schoolwork and homework and I try my best to hand it in on time if I don't leave it to last minute, I have tried to use a number generator for maths so I can do a topic each time so i will get it done easy, then I can pinpoint the topics I need to go over again, biology is easy for me as I'm keen on it, history is good aswell, I just need to structure my answers, English is ok I just hate the teacher, physics is ok I just feel uncomfortable around male teachers idk why, maths is alright I guess it's just too many topics, business is hell because there is too much to cover and the teacher is horrible, gave me 2 detentions for not handing in 2 separate pieces of hmk, one time was because I left it in my book and took my book home to revise out of and the second one is because I forgot. Honestly idk why I even bother because my grades will come out appalling like my life is.

dont comapre urself to others(I'm such a hypocrite lol)
its a toxic mindest to have...just try n not do it...you'll improve a lot faster if u don't do it (

a thing i regret abt year 11 is not having a plan
have a timetable or something and plan out what ur gonna do and stuff

and stay positive ok? if u think ur grades r gonna be great I'm sure they will be...just stay positive
(edited 3 years ago)
TREAT
EVERY
MOCK
IT
IS
THE
REAL
THING

Because it probably will be
Original post by vix.xvi
dont comapre urself to others(I'm such a hypocrite lol)
its a toxic mindest to have...just try n not do it...you'll improve a lot faster if u don't do it (

a thing i regret abt year 11 is not having a plan
have a timetable or something and plan out what ur gonna do and stuff

and stay positive ok? if u think ur grades r gonna be great I'm sure they will be...just stay positive

Thank you, I will try to be posative, it's just that the is so much to cover and my friends constantly shoving their high grades in my face that's putting me off

Quick Reply

Latest