The Student Room Group

Centre Assessment Grades

Can the higher ups in the school change your teachers predictions because my school has so if anyone can tell me anything about it please let me know
Your CAG is determined by numerous teachers, not just your subject teacher. It goes through (or should go through) extensive moderation between a group of teachers, and the subject leader should approve that CAG. Finally, the head of centre (your principal/headteacher) and/or the leader of assessment in your school will give the final approval of the CAGs and send it off to the exam boards. So yes, higher ups can change your CAG if they believe it isn't right, but only before the CAG is actually sent off.

IF there is any issue with your CAG on or after results day, you can appeal due to a technical issue made by staff at the school who may have incorrectly calculated a CAG, or you can appeal if you believe you have been discriminated against. Those are the only times your CAG will change post-results day, and teachers can't just change it willy-nilly. They have to go through the CAG process outlined above just for you again.
Reply 2
Original post by Nephertum
Your CAG is determined by numerous teachers, not just your subject teacher. It goes through (or should go through) extensive moderation between a group of teachers, and the subject leader should approve that CAG. Finally, the head of centre (your principal/headteacher) and/or the leader of assessment in your school will give the final approval of the CAGs and send it off to the exam boards. So yes, higher ups can change your CAG if they believe it isn't right, but only before the CAG is actually sent off.

IF there is any issue with your CAG on or after results day, you can appeal due to a technical issue made by staff at the school who may have incorrectly calculated a CAG, or you can appeal if you believe you have been discriminated against. Those are the only times your CAG will change post-results day, and teachers can't just change it willy-nilly. They have to go through the CAG process outlined above just for you again.

Would you say CAG is the exam grade you got e.g a year 10 mock exam?
F44D79B9-4698-4DAA-B251-3AC62B748CE7.jpg.jpeg
Original post by jae jae
Would you say CAG is the exam grade you got e.g a year 10 mock exam?
F44D79B9-4698-4DAA-B251-3AC62B748CE7.jpg.jpeg

No it wouldn't just be based on one mock exam
Reply 4
Original post by Nephertum

Ok thankyou I got forecasted an A back in december and that was before i got an A in my Unit 3 (im doing libf finance) as i was on a very high B throughout year 12. Do you know anything about the appeals process now as in does it still have to go through the school im trying to get into contact with my head of 6th form anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest