Sajjhanawab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi,

I'm studying an undergraduate degree in Life Science from Canada and I graduate in 2023. I would like to study and practice medicine in the UK. I was wondering what the process will be like to qualify as a doctor in London after I graduate. As the schooling system in Canada and London are a bit different, would my Bachelors in Science degree be equivalent to the medical school degree over there? Would the courses that I'm taking right now be equivalent to the ones taught there? Since you enroll in a medical school right after A-levels in London, would I have to start all over again? Please let me know. Thanks!
Sajjhanawab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi,

I'm studying an undergraduate degree in Life Science from Canada and I graduate in 2023. I would like to study and practice medicine in the UK. I was wondering what the process will be like to qualify as a doctor in London after I graduate. As the schooling system in Canada and London are a bit different, would my Bachelors in Science degree be equivalent to the medical school degree over there? Would the courses that I'm taking right now be equivalent to the ones taught there? Since you enroll in a medical school right after A-levels in London, would I have to start all over again? Please let me know. Thanks!
iam1800mm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It depends on what school you are preparing to study at. I think most of the schools in London or UK do recognize courses or degrees in Canada.

Maybe you will be qualified into the graduate pathway of studying medicine. That you have to take the Graduate Medical School Admissions Test, known as GAMSAT.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (392)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (301)
43.43%

Watched Threads