How can I show I have an interest in furthermaths

Watch
o_reo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am applying to do economics at uni
I know furthermaths isn't essential but I want to show in my personal statement that I can look over furthermaths content myself our of interest - which I have done for some of the pure maths topics but im not sure where to look so that it can relate back to economics

to link it to my personal statement I want to link it back to how that can be useful for an economics degree
I know some topics that overlap is game theory

Do you know what I could put to show I have an interest in how maths links to economics?
Any MOOCs that use furthermaths content?
izzxm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
This app (edX) is really good for courses, a lot of them are free but you can pay extra for a certificate, i did a stats course so i can’t really give advice for economics but i’ve linked some finance & economic courses on there: https://webview.edx.org/course/subje...nomics-finance
I guess the best way to show you’re interested in maths is to go through the A level textbooks (you can buy cheap pdf files of them from ebay ) and see if any content relates to economics? I do further maths but not too familiar with what exactly can be linked directly to economics but there’s so much of it so you can always find something
o_reo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by izzxm)
This app (edX) is really good for courses, a lot of them are free but you can pay extra for a certificate, i did a stats course so i can’t really give advice for economics but i’ve linked some finance & economic courses on there: https://webview.edx.org/course/subje...nomics-finance
I guess the best way to show you’re interested in maths is to go through the A level textbooks (you can buy cheap pdf files of them from ebay ) and see if any content relates to economics? I do further maths but not too familiar with what exactly can be linked directly to economics but there’s so much of it so you can always find something
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (431)
56.41%
I don't have everything I need (333)
43.59%

Watched Threads