The difference between old spec and new spec of a level maths

Watch
rehena12
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I found a video of this girl on YouTube doing a 1hr maths a level but it's separated into C1 and C2 I know the maths level has changed but it hasn't changed that much and have mocks in September and I think her videos will help me summarise all the information to refresh my head when I'm done reading so can anyone tell me where I should stop

I've to finish AS pure maths and does anyone know what could be missing
Last edited by rehena12; 1 year ago
Joseph Green
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
If you convert the old maths course into the new one, A-Level runs from C1-C4. It'll pretty much all be the same as usual.
Zoeva123
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The full a level goes between C1 -C4 of the old spec for pure maths but you also do statistics and mechanics. I wouldn’t recommend using old spec videos as some of the content isn’t relevant to you. If you need a good recap resource I’d recommend TL MATHS. I used to watch his videos on speed x1.5 and the videos are short but really in-depth so you cover all the content. His website is split so you can easily access AS level content only and he also does some practice questions, so it’s an efficient revision resource if you do the questions while at the same time as him.
rehena12
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Zoeva123)
The full a level goes between C1 -C4 of the old spec for pure maths but you also do statistics and mechanics. I wouldn’t recommend using old spec videos as some of the content isn’t relevant to you. If you need a good recap resource I’d recommend TL MATHS. I used to watch his videos on speed x1.5 and the videos are short but really in-depth so you cover all the content. His website is split so you can easily access AS level content only and he also does some practice questions, so it’s an efficient revision resource if you do the questions while at the same time as him.
Oh ok thank you ill definitely use him !
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
For the pure side, you'll miss vectors, differentiation of exponential functions, differentiation from first principles, maybe logarithmic graphs. Think basically everything else in pure is in there though.

See this mapping document https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...t_mapping.xlsx
Last edited by _gcx; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (69)
33.01%
Yes - a trusted person (58)
27.75%
No (55)
26.32%
I'm not sure (27)
12.92%

Watched Threads