How hard is the maths in physics a level?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
How hard is the maths in physics A level?
I got a 9 in my physics gcse and a 7 in maths.
I’m taking core maths next year but have seen people saying physics is really hard if you don’t take maths a level as well.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m taking core maths next year but have seen people saying physics is really hard if you don’t take maths a level as well.
Yeah dude, A levels Physics is a different level. It’s my second hardest a level after Chemistry (and I got a grade 9 in it). Trust me, Grade 9 doesn’t mean anything for a level.
C2400
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah dude, A levels Physics is a different level. It’s my second hardest a level after Chemistry (and I got a grade 9 in it). Trust me, Grade 9 doesn’t mean anything for a level.
Do u take A level maths?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by C2400)
Do u take A level maths?
Yep! Though I am in year12 and I got a grade 7 just like the OP, got a 9 in Chemistry and Physics. Surprisingly the Maths in physics and Chemistry is harder than the actual Maths in Maths.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
Yep! Though I am in year12 and I got a grade 7 just like the OP, got a 9 in Chemistry and Physics. Surprisingly the Maths in physics and Chemistry is harder than the actual Maths in Maths.
haha I actually agree with this. Well, unless you take further maths because that completely fried my brain and made the maths in physics and chemistry seem easy.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The Maths in Chemistry is not as difficult as you are making it out to be in AS.
Sure, it is a step up in A2 but not the same difficulty as A-Level Maths.

OP I got a 6 (a few marks off a 7) in GCSE Maths and am taking A-Level Physics without A-Level Maths and I am coping just fine.

To better prepare myself for A2 I am pre-reading the topics and my teacher is helping me learn the A-Level Maths concepts I need to know which isn’t much at all!
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
The Maths in Chemistry is not as difficult as you are making it out to be in AS.
Sure, it is a step up in A2 but not the same difficulty as A-Level Maths.

OP I got a 6 (a few marks off a 7) in GCSE Maths and am taking A-Level Physics without A-Level Maths and I am coping just fine.

To better prepare myself for A2 I am pre-reading the topics and my teacher is helping me learn the A-Level Maths concepts I need to know which isn’t much at all!
That's very true, I do think that as long as you make the effort to understand the maths there is no problem in taking physics or chem at all. You might think it's a lot when you're doing it, but when you look back it really isn't much at all.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)

Thanks this is really helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.09%
I'm not sure (59)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (387)
29.47%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.82%
I'm not a current university student (645)
49.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed