I think I saw a demon?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Today while i was falling asleep i closed the door. Then I saw a black figure just standing there and then it started walking towards me. I got so scared and hid under my blanket then quickly opened the door. I dont have any mental issues apart from anxiety. Ive never seen or heard stuff that arent real. I know lots of people wont believe me but im sure that I saw some type of spirit/demon
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
so you had an experience of seeing something.

i) you saw a real black figure eg a burglar dressed in black, or from a minority background.

ii) you imagined you saw a black figure
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Today while i was falling asleep i closed the door. Then I saw a black figure just standing there and then it started walking towards me. I got so scared and hid under my blanket then quickly opened the door. I dont have any mental issues apart from anxiety. Ive never seen or heard stuff that arent real. I know lots of people wont believe me but im sure that I saw some type of spirit/demon
I believe you . Could be a number of things.

First of all if you was falling asleep. As you do that your senses do get distorted so your sight can be out of focus

Second is called corner of the eye phenomena. Your eye is self cleansing and during the day it gathers dust particles and every now and again you see 'shadows' in you peripheral vision, which is basically dust.

Thirdly- you have anxiety. If you have seen natural shadows in your home, sometimes fear takes over and can cause them the distort and morph. Its in your mind of course, but it can easily happen when you are in fear. If this is the case then have a lamp on whilst you sleep until you feel more comfortable again and in the right frame of mind.

Fourth, Its the real deal. But it wont be a demon. Demons usually come about with malpractice in ouija board, ceremonial bad practices, disturbances of energy fields being built on and disturbed. You also say that you have never seen or heard stuff that are not real before. So this rules out someone haunting the house too. So please don't worry about that. IF its a spirit, because of your anxiety, it could be a loved one watching over you, or people believe they have some sort of spirit guide. I've hosted hundreds of ghost hunts, and visited claims on haunted houses, and the spirits I've seen are mainly shadows, or misty type figures, and have only taken it seriously as the real deal when there's more than one person witnessing it at the same time, and natural possibilities ruled out; and its such a rarity too for it to be confirmed as genuine. So the fourth option is highly unlikely.

So in conclusion, Its highly likely it was the first three but IF, its the fourth, do not worry, its nothing malevolent and out to get you. It disappeared after you hid and opened the door; which shows what ever they were, they had the insight not to scare you again and go away.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Ghostlady)

First of all if you was falling asleep. As you do that your senses do get distorted so your sight can be out of focus

Second is called corner of the eye phenomena. Your eye is self cleansing and during the day it gathers dust particles and every now and again you see 'shadows' in you peripheral vision, which is basically dust.

Thirdly- you have anxiety. If you have seen natural shadows in your home, sometimes fear takes over and can cause them the distort and morph. Its in your mind of course, but it can easily happen when you are in fear. If this is the case then have a lamp on whilst you sleep until you feel more comfortable again and in the right frame of mind.

Fourth, Its the real deal. But it wont be a demon. Demons usually come about with malpractice in ouija board, ceremonial bad practices, disturbances of energy fields being built on and disturbed. You also say that you have never seen or heard stuff that are not real before. So this rules out someone haunting the house too. So please don't worry about that. IF its a spirit, because of your anxiety, it could be a loved one watching over you, or people believe they have some sort of spirit guide. I've hosted hundreds of ghost hunts, and visited claims on haunted houses, and the spirits I've seen are mainly shadows, or misty type figures, and have only taken it seriously as the real deal when there's more than one person witnessing it at the same time, and natural possibilities ruled out; and its such a rarity too for it to be confirmed as genuine. So the fourth option is highly unlikely.

So in conclusion, Its highly likely it was the first three but IF, its the fourth, do not worry, its nothing malevolent and out to get you. It disappeared after you hid and opened the door; which shows what ever they were, they had the insight not to scare you again and go away.
Thank you so much!! This is really helpful!
Phebos_Belmont
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago

wait so this stuff is real?!
aisharaindrop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
read aytul kursi
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Thank you so much!! This is really helpful!
Your welcome, and if you really think this is a spirit remember, its YOUR house. And like living, you are quite within your rights to tell them to leave. You wont allow strangers into your home, and that goes for spirits too. So say thanks for coming, but this is my house and its my right to ask you to go. .
(Original post by Phebos_Belmont)
wait so this stuff is real?!
Yes and No is the correct answer lol. More often than not its natural phenomena and you can debunk any activity. Examples are it could be it psychological. Example like tapping could be a radiator cooling down. Or footsteps could be by floorboards shrinking and expanding.

For it to be classed as genuine evidence I would say in my opinion it would need to witnessed by more than one person at the same time. All possibilities rules out of natural causes. And if caught on camera, then ruling out by taking various shots at various angles at all kinds of temperatures throughout the year. Ive done ghost hunting since 2009 and since the 11 years, I've come across 5 bits of evidence I cannot rule out. and this is at reported haunted venues like castles, and prisons, and asylums and stuff, places that have regular sightings. So its very very very rare. So coming back to your question, Yes it is real, but for 99% of the time the things that are experienced are natural.
Feastful
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hallucinations can be triggered by sleep deprivation or can occur during the brief time slot when your brain is winding down for sleep, there are a lot of studies on it and its not uncommon (and you don't have to be mentally ill to experience this). For example:

Sleep paralysis and hallucinations are prevalent in student athletes (American Academy of Sleep Medicine): https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0604093104.htm

Sleep deprivation leads to symptoms of schizophrenia (Universität Bonn): https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0707121415.htm

Studying visual hallucinations (University of Pittsburgh): https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1024104223.htm
Nevi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Maybe you were just tired and seeing things.

Similar things have happened to me, personally, and they are hard to explain. I don’t exactly believe in ghosts, but whenever I feel I see something, or someone, they never hurt me or bother me. So I always tell myself if there is someone or something there they aren’t malicious. If they disappear when I am scared, maybe they didn’t mean to scare me.
Phebos_Belmont
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Your welcome, and if you really think this is a spirit remember, its YOUR house. And like living, you are quite within your rights to tell them to leave. You wont allow strangers into your home, and that goes for spirits too. So say thanks for coming, but this is my house and its my right to ask you to go. .

Yes and No is the correct answer lol. More often than not its natural phenomena and you can debunk any activity. Examples are it could be it psychological. Example like tapping could be a radiator cooling down. Or footsteps could be by floorboards shrinking and expanding.

For it to be classed as genuine evidence I would say in my opinion it would need to witnessed by more than one person at the same time. All possibilities rules out of natural causes. And if caught on camera, then ruling out by taking various shots at various angles at all kinds of temperatures throughout the year. Ive done ghost hunting since 2009 and since the 11 years, I've come across 5 bits of evidence I cannot rule out. and this is at reported haunted venues like castles, and prisons, and asylums and stuff, places that have regular sightings. So its very very very rare. So coming back to your question, Yes it is real, but for 99% of the time the things that are experienced are natural.
ohhh..nice. Thanks for the information.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
Call me a skeptic, but there’s no way it was a demon. It may have been sleep paralysis, but that would entail an inability to move when you felt the ‘demon’ drawing closer to you. I think the most logical explanation would be sleep deprivation because most people become tired over the summer (ironic, since it’s a period of supposed relaxation) and I agree with the first user’s points that your vision can become blotted and you may, in effect, hallucinate some things if you’re in need of a rest. A few weeks ago, I was staying in an eerie apartment on holiday and allowed its appearance to convince me that something bad would occur because I also have anxiety, so I kept seeing a dark shadow passing between the lit up gap between the bedroom door and the pane (landing light was on) and knew all of my family were two floors down, so I instantly freaked out. Then I removed my ear plugs and heard random voices thinking I was being ‘haunted’ or intruded upon, but it turns out it was just the neighbours. So, I completely resonate with your concerns and I have definitely faced the same conclusions before, but I promise some big scary demon won’t lay its hands on you and it’s a one time thing.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hypnagogic hallucination, I get them all the time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (8)
14.81%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (12)
22.22%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (4)
7.41%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (8)
14.81%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
7.41%
I think it's an unfair expectation (16)
29.63%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
3.7%

Watched Threads