Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello.

I have applied for Media and Communications (MSc) for 2020/21. I have been placed on the reserve list but did not receive an offer for the course due to its full capacity. However, I was given an option to reinstate an application for 2021/22. This is a huge decision for me to make because I am deciding whether I should start my graduate study from 2020 or 2021, in which I can accept an offer from other universities.
Since doing a graduate course at LSE is my most desired, I would like to decide based on the likelihood that I will be accepted next year if I do reinstate my application.

If I reinstate my application, am I guaranteed an acceptance next year (
since special circumstances this year due to COVID may have impacted decisions taken by the admissions team)?
Anonymous #1
I don't know, good question!
Anonymous #1
LeapingLucy
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have no idea, sorry.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LeapingLucy)
I have no idea, sorry.
Thanks anyway!
LSE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello.

I have applied for Media and Communications (MSc) for 2020/21. I have been placed on the reserve list but did not receive an offer for the course due to its full capacity. However, I was given an option to reinstate an application for 2021/22. This is a huge decision for me to make because I am deciding whether I should start my graduate study from 2020 or 2021, in which I can accept an offer from other universities.
Since doing a graduate course at LSE is my most desired, I would like to decide based on the likelihood that I will be accepted next year if I do reinstate my application.

If I reinstate my application, am I guaranteed an acceptance next year (
since special circumstances this year due to COVID may have impacted decisions taken by the admissions team)?
You are not guaranteed to receive an offer if you reinstate. Reinstating means that your application will be re-considered alongside all other applicants in the new application cycle. Please refer to the information here and on the Graduate News page. The Graduate Admissions team cannot comment on your chances of admission prior to review of a complete application, assessed alongside all other candidates.
Joyce 2020
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, I applied a master’s degree for 2020/1, and was also placed on the reserve list. With regards to the reinstatement form, which option should I choose?Status of previous application*• I submitted a 2020/21 graduate application in the 2020/21 admissions cycle.• I submitted a 2019/20 graduate application and received an offer which I deferred to 2020/21.• I submitted a 2019/20 graduate application, reinstated my application to 2020/21, and received an offer or was placed on the reserve list.In addition, where can I supplement my 2020 full transcript, is it through the website ‘How do I ...’?Many thanks in advance.
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Joyce 2020)
Hi, I applied a master’s degree for 2020/1, and was also placed on the reserve list. With regards to the reinstatement form, which option should I choose?Status of previous application*• I submitted a 2020/21 graduate application in the 2020/21 admissions cycle.• I submitted a 2019/20 graduate application and received an offer which I deferred to 2020/21.• I submitted a 2019/20 graduate application, reinstated my application to 2020/21, and received an offer or was placed on the reserve list.
Well, which of the options applies to you? Presumably you know?

Did you submit your application within the last 12 months?
And you hadn't previously applied, been placed on the reserve list and then reinstated your application?

If so, then obviously you choose the first option: "I submitted a 2020/21 graduate application in the 20/21 admissions cycle."
Guest_aj
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to know when would I receive a decision on my reinstated application? (Reinstated for 21/22)
Does anyone have an approximate idea?
This would help me plan better with the other college offers that I have.
boredinthehouse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Has anyone received a decision regarding their reinstatement request? Also, as far as I can tell, you are only allowed to submit updated Personal Statements on the reinstatement form. Could anyone who has experience with this let me know if you can also upload an updated CV at any stage during the reinstatement process? Thanks in advance!
na_13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi
I had reinstated my 2020/21 application for 2021/22. However, I’ve been put on a waiting list.
buet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by na_13)
Hi
I had reinstated my 2020/21 application for 2021/22. However, I’ve been put on a waiting list.
waitlist in October? I guess they are just waiting for the majority of applicants to submit their applications. Were you on the reserve list, or received an offer but did not attend this year?
na_13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i had received an offer but could not attend
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by na_13)
i had received an offer but could not attend
May I ask which course you received an offer for?
na_13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
May I ask which course you received an offer for?
MSc Organisational and Social Psychology
r0ses8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by na_13)
Hi
Hey there! Did you get to keep your old student/applicant ID? Or did they issue you a new one? Also, did you have to pay the reinstatement fee? Thanks and good luck!!
Guest_aj
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey Guys
Has anyone received a decision or has a transcript drop scenario yet?
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
My transcripts have dropped 2/3 days ago but I haven’t received a decision yet..
Guest_aj
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My transcripts have dropped 2/3 days ago but I haven’t received a decision yet..
Hey,
Which course have you applied for?
mine dropped a week ago but no response yet!
Last edited by Guest_aj; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Guest_aj)
Hey,
Which course have you applied for?
mine dropped a week ago but no response yet!
Hey,
I applied for the MSc Financial mathematics, what about you??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (72)
27.59%
No - I have already returned home (30)
11.49%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.69%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.73%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.5%

Watched Threads