A-Level Revision Techniques

Watch this thread
Queen101
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am doing my A-Levels this year and I don't know how to revise. My predicted grades were C's and I would like to get B's or even A's. I can't seem to concentrate for longer periods of time and I don't know how to revise effectively. Does anyone have any tips or advice? Thanks.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Revise in general or for specific subjects?
Queen101
Rep:
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Revise in general or for specific subjects?
The A-levels that I’m doing are: Geography, History and English Literature.
PetitePanda
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Queen101)
The A-levels that I’m doing are: Geography, History and English Literature.
How do you normally revise for history? What are your marks for the source question and essay questions?
Queen101
Rep:
How do you normally revise for history? What are your marks for the source question and essay questions?
Sorry for the late reply. I am doing Russia and Modern Britain (AQA) in History. For source or extract questions I usually get 12-16 marks, in essays 12-15 marks. I try making notes but anything else I do doesn't really stick.
PetitePanda
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Sorry for the late reply. I am doing Russia and Modern Britain (AQA) in History. For source or extract questions I usually get 12-16 marks, in essays 12-15 marks. I try making notes but anything else I do doesn't really stick.
So is it the content that's holding you back or the technique? I assume you have a general knowledge but not confident in it?
Queen101
Rep:
So is it the content that's holding you back or the technique? I assume you have a general knowledge but not confident in it?
I think it's the technique. My teacher says that I need to be more analytical and less narrative, but I have no idea how to do that. I also have a hard time knowing what information to put in the essays.
Katie4ever
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I am doing my A-Levels this year and I don't know how to revise. My predicted grades were C's and I would like to get B's or even A's. I can't seem to concentrate for longer periods of time and I don't know how to revise effectively. Does anyone have any tips or advice? Thanks.
A level grades mean nothing look at the members of lil mix, they dont have any degree yet live in a mansion while those with top grades and degrees are renting a small flat and shopping at Asda
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (93)
20.09%
The paper was reasonable (177)
38.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
25.7%
It was TERRIBLE (74)
15.98%

Watched Threads