SMF programme // personal statement

Watch
RoarJ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello,
How would I talk about the social mobility foundation and the virtual work experience in my personal statement? What sort of attributes does it show that I am in the programme?
Thank You
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What did you learn from it and how does it relate to your course?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Are you talking about how to talk about it in your UCAS PS? What did you do? What are you applying for?
RoarJ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
What did you learn from it and how does it relate to your course?
(Original post by Interrobang)
Are you talking about how to talk about it in your UCAS PS? What did you do? What are you applying for?
I am applying to study biology at university. And sorry for not being clear but yes; i need help on how to talk about it in my UCAS PS
during the biology and chemistry virtual work experience this is what we did:
1. career spotlight panel where we got to ask professionals from varying jobs some questions
2. had an introduction to digital healthcare communication from a health company
3. learnt how to present data creatively with a medical company
4. worked with the Glasgow science centre to make posters regarding climate change/sustainability that will be put up during the COP26 Climate change conference in 2021
5. got an introduction to data science/analysis from a health company
6. had an introduction to neurology
7. were introduced to less-known career: intellectual propery from a company
8. introduction to pharmaceutical manufacturing from a company

from it i learnt; that there are more careers available to me. what particularly stood out to me was the different ways to represent data, the project we had to do and a career in intellectual propery as well as the experiences of the professionals (especially those in research)

thank you for replying to my question
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RoarJ)
I am applying to study biology at university. And sorry for not being clear but yes; i need help on how to talk about it in my UCAS PS
1. career spotlight panel where we got to ask professionals from varying jobs some questions
2. had an introduction to digital healthcare communication from a health company
4. worked with the Glasgow science centre to make posters regarding climate change/sustainability that will be put up during the COP26 Climate change conference in 2021

from it i learnt; that there are more careers available to me. what particularly stood out to me was the different ways to represent data, the project we had to do and a career in intellectual propery as well as the experiences of the professionals (especially those in research)

It's not about the job - what about biology that was covered did you find interesting? (E.g. the neurology side of things)
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RoarJ)

You could talk about what you learnt from neurology if that relates to your course modules and the skills you learnt or had to do to complete the activities. Remember to focus on biology academically
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.27%
I'm not sure (33)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (239)
30.8%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.23%

Watched Threads