The Student Room Group

Can i still appeal my grades

Hey i was wondering can i still appeal my CAG grades for A-levels
Reply 1
Possibly if you suspect that the teacher has ranked you wrongly. Yet, I think you would have to appeal through your school, which makes it unlikely unless it was a huge mistake done by your teacher.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/student-guide-to-post-16-qualification-results-summer-2020/student-guide-to-post-16-qualifications-results-summer-2020-html-version

There is more information about 'if you suspect bias...' etc, but for the main bit, scroll down to
5. The appeals process for GCSE, AS and A level...

...It is important to remember that:

you can ask your school or college to check whether it made a mistake when submitting data to the exam board. If your school or college finds it made a mistake in the data it provided it can ask the exam board to correct it

your school or college can appeal to the exam board on your behalf if it believes the exam board made a mistake when it communicated your grades

you cannot challenge your school or college under the appeals process on the centre assessment grades it submitted or your rank order positions any appeal would have to be undertaken by someone better placed than your teachers to judge your likely grade if exams had taken place; in the unique circumstances of this summer, we do not believe there is such a person

you cannot appeal because your mock exam result was higher than your grade. Your mock grade will have been taken into account in deciding your centre assessment grade. You will either receive your centre assessment grade or your calculated grade (whichever is higher)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending