Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello! I was wondering whether it's possible/how hard it is to move to Canada? In final year of medicine here and will do foundation training here and have British passport.

At what stage of training is it best to try and move there? Can you do it before reaching consultancy? Is it possible to train there? What exams would I need to sit/what other hurdles would I face?

Just brainstorming various options for the future! Seems like pay is much better over there and things are going on a bit of a downward trend here...
Marathi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Somewhat interested in Canada (and NZ) myself. Unfortunately can't answer any of your questions, but keen to hear the answers!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Also want to add that my partner has both Canadian and British citizenship, he is a doctor. Will this help e.g. through linked application?
Hudl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does noone know the answer to this? - i know a guy who moved from the uk to canada but he had finished training in surgery
Last edited by Hudl; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise