How to lose 15 pounds?

Watch
Purplemonkeys
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For context, I'm 16 years old, 5"3 and somewhere between 45-47kg (our scale didn't always give accurate readings, but it was around this region every time, sometimes lower, never higher) but due to my height, I don't carry my weight very well unfortunately and don't look as skinny as I want to be. I want to lose 15 pounds in 6 months but I don't know how. How much exercise should I have? What should I be restricting from my diet?

Thanks in advance,
L x
learner38
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Drink green tea. Do jump rope weekly. Cardio twice a week. Full body workout out three times a week. Stay in calorie deficit (search that up).Don’t skip meals. This is what helped me but everyone’s bodies different don’t be discouraged if you’re not losing weight fast enough. I will find a video that helped me.
Billyjackson101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You definitely don’t want to lose anymore. According to your bmi you’re already anorexic as you’re 6.5 stone why do you want to be 5.5?
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exercise is good for you but it will rarely help that much in weight loss - "you can't outrun a bad diet"
Cut down on the fat and sugar, avoid junk food, eat homemade good food with protein and vegetables and wholegrains - less calories in than you burn and you will lose weight.
Ashton1102
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like you’re already bone thin, is anxiety making you feel like you weigh more than you do. 45kg is extremely underweight. I’m 5ft5 and 67kg and thin
learner38
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also don’t weigh yourself everyday. Do itonce a week. And make sure you measure yourself on a flat surface instead of a carpet. Before you start doing it I suggest you ask your doctor to see if you’re able to lose weight.
Billyjackson101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m a chef, and got a degree in dietition, drink lots of water, eat the correct calories however under eating can also gain weight - search pinch of nom they have some amazing recipes and if you eat them for tea/dinner each day and something like scrambled egg for breakfast and a sandwich or something healthy like a pizza with a tortilla wrap you’ll lose 3lb a week.

Exercise DOES NOT HELP it will make you gain as it’ll create muscle which will make you weight and muscle mass. If it’s belly fat the only way is a calorie defect
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Purplemonkeys)
For context, I'm 16 years old, 5"3 and somewhere between 45-47kg (our scale didn't always give accurate readings, but it was around this region every time, sometimes lower, never higher) but due to my height, I don't carry my weight very well unfortunately and don't look as skinny as I want to be. I want to lose 15 pounds in 6 months but I don't know how. How much exercise should I have? What should I be restricting from my diet?

Thanks in advance,
L x
You don't do anything. You're a perfectly healthy weight for your height and age, and possibly still growing.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Billyjackson101)
I’m a chef, and got a degree in dietition, drink lots of water, eat the correct calories however under eating can also gain weight - search pinch of nom they have some amazing recipes and if you eat them for tea/dinner each day and something like scrambled egg for breakfast and a sandwich or something healthy like a pizza with a tortilla wrap you’ll lose 3lb a week.

Exercise DOES NOT HELP it will make you gain as it’ll create muscle which will make you weight and muscle mass. If it’s belly fat the only way is a calorie defect
You've already identified that the OP is a healthy weight, so why go on to give spurious advice?

1. There is no such thing as a 'degree in dietician'.

2. A safe rate of weight loss is 1-2lbs a week.

3. Exercise does help as it burns off calories. Muscle does not make you gain weight; 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat!

4. Fat cannot be spot-reduced.
H.anna.h
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I need to lose that much too! Im 5'5.5 and 67kg. Im eating less portions and healthier food with no junk food and excercising
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ashton1102)
Sounds like you’re already bone thin, is anxiety making you feel like you weigh more than you do. 45kg is extremely underweight. I’m 5ft5 and 67kg and thin
I looked on the NHS BMI calculator and 45kg, the lowest possible weight I could be, places me in the 6th percentile
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I looked on the NHS BMI calculator and 45kg, the lowest possible weight I could be, places me in the 6th percentile
Then you're a perfectly healthy weight.
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
Then you're a perfectly healthy weight.
But I don't look skinny enough for my liking
NathanAtro3
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I will have your £15 if you don't want it
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
go to a chavy area
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thanks in advance,
L x
Seeing some of your other posts on here, there is nothing wrong with your weight, but you do seem to have low self-esteem and aren't confident in your body or with your looks. There isn't always a reason for it, but can you think why you are feeling this way? Any comnents from people, bullying, exam stress, problems at home (you don't have to answer that, I'm just trying to make you think). At your age it could just be hormones and growing up.

I think you ought to speak with a doctor or at least a parent or other trusted family member about this. There's plenty of ways that you can be helped. You can even start today by accepting how many genuine positive comments you've had on your other posts; you need to learn to love yourself and recognise your worth.

Please take some steps to help yourself :console: :heart:
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thanks in advance,
L x
Are you trying to lose weight, or fat? There's a massive difference.
Billyjackson101
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Surnia)
You've already identified that the OP is a healthy weight, so why go on to give spurious advice?

1. There is no such thing as a 'degree in dietician'.

2. A safe rate of weight loss is 1-2lbs a week.

3. Exercise does help as it burns off calories. Muscle does not make you gain weight; 1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat!

4. Fat cannot be spot-reduced.
BSc(Hons) Nutritional science and dietician at Manchester University lol I know what I studied.

Their is no safe weight loss. The more someone weighs the more they’ll lose at the start, each person has different bodies the slower you lose it the slower you gain it

Who said fat is spot reduced? I never said muscle weighs more, 1lb of muscle is a 10th the size of fat so if she does running and gains 5lb of muscle she would weigh more - use your common sense.
Sure exercise burns calories but it’s not needed AT ALL as you can’t eat more you still have to stick in the 1500-1800 range for weight loss

OP is already under weight, according to her bmi as she’s around 6-7 stone compared to the average but I have given advice to help as its probably her being anxious
Last edited by Billyjackson101; 1 month ago
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xarao)
Are you trying to lose weight, or fat? There's a massive difference.
Both
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Billyjackson101)
BSc(Hons) Nutritional science and dietician at Manchester University lol I know what I studied.

Their is no safe weight loss. The more someone weighs the more they’ll lose at the start, each person has different bodies the slower you lose it the slower you gain it

Who said fat is spot reduced? I never said muscle weighs more, 1lb of muscle is a 10th the size of fat so if she does running and gains 5lb of muscle she would weigh more - use your common sense.
Sure exercise burns calories but it’s not needed AT ALL as you can’t eat more you still have to stick in the 1500-1800 range for weight loss

OP is already under weight, according to her bmi as she’s around 6-7 stone compared to the average but I have given advice to help as its probably her being anxious
BMI is unreliable in under 18s
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (65)
21.59%
No (236)
78.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise