Watch
Billyjackson101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Purplemonkeys)
BMI is unreliable in under 18s
Theirs a adults BMI and a child’s BMI, I’m going of the child and young person one which is age 2-17

Still showing as extremely underweight. My 8 year old cousin is the same weight as you
Last edited by Billyjackson101; 1 month ago
Advertisement
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Spend it on gambling.

Spoiler:
Show
Consistent exercise and a healthy diet I guess? I dunno :dontknow:
Ashton1102
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I looked on the NHS BMI calculator and 45kg, the lowest possible weight I could be, places me in the 6th percentile
Yeah that’s because you’re already extremely underweight
Advertisement
MissC*
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Join a gym, have a couple sessions with a PT and that will set you on the right path. They'll be able to show you what exercises to do for the body you want to achieve and they'll show you proper technique which is vital. Don't do anything extreme as it will just cause damage to your relationship with food and won't give you sustainable results. I recently dropped a dress size purely by working out. I wasn't even trying to lose weight. it just sort of happened! When I go to the gym I focus, work hard then leave.
Purplemonkeys
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ashton1102)
Yeah that’s because you’re already extremely underweight
The 6th percentile is a healthy weight. And I most likely weigh more anyway.
Advertisement
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Billyjackson101)
BSc(Hons) Nutritional science and dietician at Manchester University lol I know what I studied.

Their is no safe weight loss. The more someone weighs the more they’ll lose at the start, each person has different bodies the slower you lose it the slower you gain it

Who said fat is spot reduced? I never said muscle weighs more, 1lb of muscle is a 10th the size of fat so if she does running and gains 5lb of muscle she would weigh more - use your common sense.
Sure exercise burns calories but it’s not needed AT ALL as you can’t eat more you still have to stick in the 1500-1800 range for weight loss

OP is already under weight, according to her bmi as she’s around 6-7 stone compared to the average but I have given advice to help as its probably her being anxious
Then why are you quoting incorrect information?

There is safe weight loss, and a safe rate of weight loss. The OP should not be aiming to lose 3lbs in a week.

You said belly fat needs a calorie deficit. Fat could be lost from other places with a calorie deficit.

You said "Exercise DOES NOT HELP it will make you gain as it’ll create muscle which will make you weight and muscle mass". Exercise will not make you gain weight if you are burning off calories, and now you're conflating weight and mass.
Billyjackson101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Surnia)
Then why are you quoting incorrect information?

There is safe weight loss, and a safe rate of weight loss. The OP should not be aiming to lose 3lbs in a week.

You said belly fat needs a calorie deficit. Fat could be lost from other places with a calorie deficit.

You said "Exercise DOES NOT HELP it will make you gain as it’ll create muscle which will make you weight and muscle mass". Exercise will not make you gain weight if you are burning off calories, and now you're conflating weight and mass.
But exercise would make you gain weight as you’re gaining muscle.

Calories deficit starves the stomach hence why it’s mostly belly fat

I never said she could aim to lose 3lb I said she could lose up to that.
Advertisement
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to build muscle, you are thin enough already.
username5355996
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
put a ten pound note and a five pound note in the bin leave it there
Advertisement
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
You need to build muscle, you are thin enough already.
I'm not. I want to be skinnier. I don't want or need muscles. I just want to be thin. That's all I'm asking.
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not. I want to be skinnier. I don't want or need muscles. I just want to be thin. That's all I'm asking.
You have some sort of body dysmorphia, please see a doctor.
Advertisement
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
You have some sort of body dysmorphia, please see a doctor.
How do you know that? Are you a medical professional or something? You can't say that for certain if you don't know me
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do you know that? Are you a medical professional or something? You can't say that for certain if you don't know me
The information you have given me is enough to make that judgement. Your literally proving my point. Instead of taking my advice for your own wellbeing, you become defensive.
Advertisement
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
The information you have given me is enough to make that judgement. Your literally proving my point. Instead of taking my advice for your own wellbeing, you become defensive.
What's defensiveness got to do with it? Also, how is it for my well-being when I just want to be skinny? Honestly some people
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What's defensiveness got to do with it? Also, how is it for my well-being when I just want to be skinny? Honestly some people
Your in denial of the problem. Being malnourished is not a state of well-being.
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
Your in denial of the problem. Being malnourished is not a state of well-being.
I'm not malnourished. I eat food. My family make sure of that. I just want to eat less in order to lose weight.
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not malnourished. I eat food. My family make sure of that. I just want to eat less in order to lose weight.
Eating food =/= Nourished
Advertisement
Purplemonkeys
Rep:
?
Eating food =/= Nourished
How?
Neckminutt
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For context, I'm 16 years old, 5"3 and somewhere between 45-47kg (our scale didn't always give accurate readings, but it was around this region every time, sometimes lower, never higher) but due to my height, I don't carry my weight very well unfortunately and don't look as skinny as I want to be. I want to lose 15 pounds in 6 months but I don't know how. How much exercise should I have? What should I be restricting from my diet?

Thanks in advance,
L x
hey it doesn't sound like you need to lose weight. don't listen to the ******** advice people are giving casue youre 16. Let nature take its cause and as long as your eat fairly decently with vegetables and **** and do often/occasional exercise you'll be good
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How?
If I only eat a pack of gummy worms only. I have ate food but I will be malnourished in the long run as I am not eating enough to maintain my weight and not getting close to enough micronutrients. Same thing with you just on a less extreme scale.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
23.4%
No (72)
76.6%

Watched Threads