Contest a GCSE Grade in Computer Science

Watch
FluffyBuffy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
My son excelled in Computer Science. Throughout the years he has been top of his class. His predicted grades were 7,8 & 9's. In his last mock exam he was predicted an equivalent to an A*.
So when we saw that he had been given a 5 (C) you can imagine we were both shocked and absolutely devasted. It is quite clear that there has been an admin error so we are trying to contest it. But the school isn't being very helpful at this time. My son is so upset as he's taking this as an A level. He's been cheated out of a good grade here which he's worked so hard for???
Last edited by FluffyBuffy; 11 months ago
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by FluffyBuffy)
My son excelled in Computer Science. Throughout the years he has been top of his class. His predicted grades were 7,8 & 9's. In his last mock exam he was predicted an equivalent to an A*.
So when we saw that he had been given a 5 (C) you can imagine we were both shocked and absolutely devasted. It is quite clear that there has been an admin error so we are trying to contest it. But the school isn't being very helpful at this time. My son is so upset as he's taking this as an A level. He's been cheated out of a good grade here which he's worked so hard for???
That is odd... if your son was working at 7,8,9s then I dont see why they would downgrade him all the way to a 5.. yeh only advice here is to contest the grade and hopefully they hand him a better grade!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (5)
14.29%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (11)
31.43%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (2)
5.71%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (4)
11.43%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (1)
2.86%
I think it's an unfair expectation (11)
31.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads