What subject would get me to study psychology for uni?

Watch
happiboi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
College is starting soon but I’m still not sure if I should be choosing A-levels (psychology, sociology and English Lang) or BTEC health & social care level 3. I want to study psychology for university afterwards but I don’t know which would help me get there: the A-levels or the BTEC health & social care. Which one should I go for?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For the most options available to study psychology at university you would be best taking psychology, biology and one other subject at A level.

A btec health and social care is a good qualification but psychology is an academic degree not a health profession vocational degree.
dyelbro
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by happiboi)
College is starting soon but I’m still not sure if I should be choosing A-levels (psychology, sociology and English Lang) or BTEC health & social care level 3. I want to study psychology for university afterwards but I don’t know which would help me get there: the A-levels or the BTEC health & social care. Which one should I go for?
you need a science biology minimum
i had to drill this into my sisters head just because u chose psychology in a levels doesnt mean they will accept you
HolidayGirl<3
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m literally in the same indecisive position of if I do 2 a levels one btec or 3 a levels and maybe an epq
(Same subject options)

At my interview the advisor told me I could still go to uni with 2 a levels one btec but IMO psychology is a competitive course depending on to what extend you want to take your psychology career too
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dyelbro)
you need a science biology minimum
i had to drill this into my sisters head just because u chose psychology in a levels doesnt mean they will accept you
You don't need a science or biology.
I'm studying Psychology at uni and I did Psychology, History and RS at A-Level :dontknow:
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good choices, imho: Psychology, Sociology, Chemistry, Biology or History.
wispyweetabix
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did Psychology, Chemistry and French
Although you can get away with not doing a science subject like Bio, Chem and Physics or Maths, some Uni's do prefer you to have one of them .
Doing psychology at A-level is pretty useful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (45)
15.79%
I'm not sure (8)
2.81%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
35.09%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.4%
I'm not a current university student (128)
44.91%

Watched Threads