lukejelinski
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello,

I have a household income of <£35,000 a year, living in the UK. My parents had no issue with submitting their financial information, yet the system was failing to process it; we kept getting emails informing us they received no information.

Previously, four days ago, I received an email saying they had yet to receive details from sponsors 1 and 2. I was also told they would submit my application as non-income assessed. Then I received an email a day later saying:

"We are unable to process the income assessed element of your application as we have not received any information from your mother.

We are unable to link her as a sponsor from the financial evidence provided."

Following that, my mum's name was updated as "null-null," but her spouse's information was received.

My last piece of correspondence from student finance was three days ago, citing they received evidence and would process it as soon as possible.

Today, my application received an update, where I was only to be granted £4,289 for this year. I immediately went to the calculator on the UK.GOV website, and found that I should be eligible for approximately £7,884. Why, after myself and my parents providing all the necessary information, would I be granted such a low amount? Cheers.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Did you apply by the deadline in May to be guaranteed payment?

If not when did you apply? And when did you submit your household income information?
lukejelinski
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Did you apply by the deadline in May to be guaranteed payment?

If not when did you apply? And when did you submit your household income information?
My application was begun before the deadline, and was submitted 27/06/2020.

My household income information was first sent in July, but there was some sort of error as my parents kept having to resend it until the system accepted it a few days ago.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lukejelinski)
My application was begun before the deadline, and was submitted 27/06/2020.

My household income information was first sent in July, but there was some sort of error as my parents kept having to resend it until the system accepted it a few days ago.
They’ve awarded you the basic loan to make sure you get some money on time. The household income assessment takes 4-8 weeks after they get all the information to get done.
lukejelinski
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
They’ve awarded you the basic loan to make sure you get some money on time. The household income assessment takes 4-8 weeks after they get all the information to get done.
The entitlement summary can change, then?

And the status of my application is "verifying payment details," if that has any bearing on anything?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lukejelinski)
The entitlement summary can change, then?

And the status of my application is "verifying payment details," if that has any bearing on anything?
Yes your loan amount will increase once the household income assessment is complete. If that happens after you’ve had your first instalment then you’ll get an extra top up payment when the loan is increased into term.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
While you wait for the assessment you need to make sure that you’re able to afford to get by for the first month or so of term on the basic loan amount. If you get a student account with santander and have £250 paid into it then they’ll give you a £1,500 interest free overdraft (like a flexible loan) which is probably the best option to tide you over short term.
lukejelinski
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Yes your loan amount will increase once the household income assessment is complete. If that happens after you’ve had your first instalment then you’ll get an extra top up payment when the loan is increased into term.
Okay, awesome, thanks for the clarification!
(Original post by PQ)
While you wait for the assessment you need to make sure that you’re able to afford to get by for the first month or so of term on the basic loan amount. If you get a student account with santander and have £250 paid into it then they’ll give you a £1,500 interest free overdraft (like a flexible loan) which is probably the best option to tide you over short term.
I actually already have a student account with NatWest, but I'll see what I can do. Once again, thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed