The Student Room Group

Official UCL Postgraduate Applicants 2021 Thread

Scroll to see replies

- Current University: UWE Bristol
- Current Course: Psychology
- Expected Grade: 2.1/1 (sitting between the two!)
- Prospective Course: MSc Clinical Mental Health Sciences
- Other Universities you’re applying to: QMUL, KCL, Reading, Royal Holloway, City
Hi! Still waiting for applications to open in November...

- University: No-name university in Spain - but with exchanges in top universities. Graduated in 2019.
- Degree: Dual Degree in International Business and International Relations
- Achieved grade: 8.9/10. I believe the equivalent of a 2.1 or 1.1. For reference, I got 1.1 in my courses at a top UK university and 3.9 GPA in a top US university
- Prospective course: MPA in Digital Technologies and Policy
- Other universities applying to: LSE, Sciences Po

I'm currently working for a tech company (think Facebook, Google...). I would like to pivot to digital policy, but I'm not sure I'll quit current my job to study, especially given they raised tuition and there's a big crisis coming. I might defer the acceptance (hopefully!) for next year if they let me do so.
Reply 22
- Current University: working
- Current Course: Bachelor in dental surgery
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 1st class (72%)
- Prospective Course: Masters in clinical dentistry (advanced course) oral surgery
- Other Universities you’re applying to: Edinburgh, QMUL

Is anyone else interested or applying to masters in clinical dentistry? If yes where all have you applied to and have you received any offers yet?
Reply 23
- Current University: Graduated 2017, been working since
- Current Course: BA Fashion Design
- Achieved Grade: 1st
- Prospective Course: MSc Prosperity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Other Universities you’re applying to: LSE

Anyone know how long the decision making process is for UCL? Eg : for LSE it's around 8 weeks
Submitted my application last night for MSc Population Health! Now hoping my referees will be able to get their letters in soon. I would also be interested in knowing about how long it will take for them to get back to us but assuming it's also going to be around 8 weeks?
Reply 25
- Current University: Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Current Course: Marketing
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 3.1 (don't meet the requirement but I have entrepreneurial experience !!hope it will help:'()
- Prospective Course: MSc Entrepreneurship
- Other Universities you’re applying to: Cass, RG, Babson(USA)
(edited 3 years ago)
Current Uni: Currently in my second year out (money + COVID), but graduate from Plymouth Uni.
Current Course: BSc Geology, Uni of Plymouth
Achieved Grade: 2:1 BSc (Hons)
Prospective Course: MSc Geoscience.

Worth mentioning that I applied for a 2020 start but deferred, so am already confirmed for 2021 entry (yay!)
Original post by Srigney
- Current University: Graduated 2017, been working since
- Current Course: BA Fashion Design
- Achieved Grade: 1st
- Prospective Course: MSc Prosperity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Other Universities you’re applying to: LSE

Anyone know how long the decision making process is for UCL? Eg : for LSE it's around 8 weeks

I applied May 2020 and didn't hear back until September, but that was with COVID kicking off and all the A level shenanigans, so understandably a bit delayed. I would recommend ringing them after the 6 week mark however, as that normally gets you prioritised.
-Current University: Boston University
-Current Course: BA Economics & BA Architectural Studies
-Achieved (Expected) Grade: 3.3 GPA. 2.1 in the UK
-Prospective Course: MSc Business Strategy and Innovation Management
-Universities Applied: University of Southampton (Soton)
Reply 29
Anyone else applying for the MSc Psychology of Education? Applications opened on 9th November but the course information hasn't been published on their website. Hoping to send in my application before December.

Current University: University of Kent
Current course: BSc Psychology
Expected grade: first/ high 2:1
Prospective course: MSc Psychology of education, MA Education (psychology)
Reply 30
Original post by doggygowoofwoof
I applied May 2020 and didn't hear back until September, but that was with COVID kicking off and all the A level shenanigans, so understandably a bit delayed. I would recommend ringing them after the 6 week mark however, as that normally gets you prioritised.

ah ok, noted, thanks so much. Great to gage from someone who has been through it before!
Just curious, has anyone heard back from UCL Msc Computational Statistics & Machine Learning yet?
Reply 32
The UCL website says they need 2 references to consider the application, but while filling the form, I only got the option to fill details of 1 referee. There wasn't any option to add another referee. When my prof submitted the reference, it said in the email that they are "waiting for a second reference" but on the application portal it says my references are received and application is under assessment. Is this just for me or did other people have the same experience ??
Reply 33
Original post by eshgoel
The UCL website says they need 2 references to consider the application, but while filling the form, I only got the option to fill details of 1 referee. There wasn't any option to add another referee. When my prof submitted the reference, it said in the email that they are "waiting for a second reference" but on the application portal it says my references are received and application is under assessment. Is this just for me or did other people have the same experience ??

I had to submit 2 references. So only after both the referees uploaded the references, the application status changed to under assessment.
i think it might differ from course to course. maybe for yours they required only 1.
Past University: UAL
- Past Course: Fine Art
- Achieved (Achieved) Grade: 1st class
- Prospective Course: MA History of Art
- Other Universities you’re applying to: Courtauld

I submitted my application on Wednesday but still haven't received my references back, how long are your references taking to get back as I'm wondering whether I should resend the request or wait a bit longer?
Reply 35
Original post by eshgoel

I had that issue as well. Im supposed to include two references but the form only has a column for one. Not sure if its a problem with the application portal, I have yet to submit mine as the portal seems to being having some issues
Hello, is PORTICO down or is something wrong with my connection? Also, has anyone received an offer yet? I've applied for the MSc in Security studies the first day of the application period, on 9th of November. My references were received the same day, but nothing yet.
Reply 37
Original post by gvgvgvgvgv
Hello, is PORTICO down or is something wrong with my connection? Also, has anyone received an offer yet? I've applied for the MSc in Security studies the first day of the application period, on 9th of November. My references were received the same day, but nothing yet.

ditto, happening with me since yesterday
Reply 38
- Current University: Northwestern University
- Current Course: BAs Communcations
- Achieved Grade: 3.42
- Prospective Course: MSc global governance and ethics
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by deja97
- Current University: Northwestern University
- Current Course: BAs Communcations
- Achieved Grade: 2.43
- Prospective Course: MSc global governance and ethics

so you are applying to the Political Science department, lets see how long it will take until we hear from them! I've been told that the political science department it's pretty quick on their decisions.

Quick Reply

Latest