Official UCL Postgraduate Applicants 2021 Thread

Watch
deja97
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gvgvgvgvgv)
so you are applying to the Political Science department, lets see how long it will take until we hear from them! I've been told that the political science department it's pretty quick on their decisions.
I'm hoping so! I'm planning to apply in the next 2 weeks I just realized I stated that my gpa is 2.43 by mistake hahaha its 3.43 expected 3.5 by the end of the year
jamesli322
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hello, is PORTICO down or is something wrong with my connection? Also, has anyone received an offer yet? I've applied for the MSc in Security studies the first day of the application period, on 9th of November. My references were received the same day, but nothing yet.
I think it is down for maintenance. I guess that gives a couple days of suspense knowing that we won't be able to view results.
jamesli322
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jcminihan)
Don't - I've probably been checking the portal 3 times a day already! In fact, it may have been me that broke it by visiting so much

I want to email and check the status of my application but it's only been ~3 weeks or so...
same situation as you, hoping that one day when I wake-up there would be an email...

My references were completed 2 weeks ago and I was hoping that it's early enough to get a decision relatively soon avoiding the bulk of applications during January-March. Hopefully it'd be quicker than the 6-weeks time frame stated on the application...
petrichororange
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Bummed that the application is down! One of my referees has already submitted his reference but the other tried to yesterday and couldn't. Hopefully the portal is back up soon so he can do so!
gvgvgvgvgv
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Keep us updated guys!
gvgvgvgvgv
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I forgot to introduce myself:

- Previous University: University of Sussex
- Previous course: Law with Politics - LLB
- Current University: City University of London
- Current Course: Master of Laws in Legal Practice (LPC/LLM)
- Achieved Grade: n/a
- Prospective Course: MSc Security Studies
- Other Universities you’re applying to: KU Leuven, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid

I've sent an email to the admissions office and i've been told that if i complete my master's degree then i am automatically eligible to apply for the course and they don't really care about any other previous degrees. I hope i'll get a positive response! I've submitted my application on 9th of November (the first day of the application period) and my references arrived also on the same day. Still waiting.
Last edited by gvgvgvgvgv; 1 year ago
deja97
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Guys anyone having problems with the website?
Krishna235
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yep admissions said it was down and will only be able to make offers/rejections once it's up. I applied to Health Data Science, but really worried if I'll get in because of the competition. I'm predicted a 1st and just got my QMUL offer for Bioinformatics today but UCL would be my first choice.
gvgvgvgvgv
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Best of luck! What's your academic background?

"I've sent an email to the admissions office and i've been told that if i complete my master's degree then i am automatically eligible to apply for the course and they don't really care about any other previous degrees."
Also, this email was specifically about Political Science department (which has the final say on my application). I don't know about SCS department but i really hope you'll be admitted!
Marios.12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
- Current University: University of Crete, Greece
- Current Course: Psychology
- Expected Grade: 8.83 (UK equivalent is 1st)
- Prospective Course: MSc Clinical Mental Health Sciences
- Other Universities you’re applying to: KCL, Bath, Manchester and probably QMUL)
riddhi.l
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello, is PORTICO down or is something wrong with my connection? Also, has anyone received an offer yet? I've applied for the MSc in Security studies the first day of the application period, on 9th of November. My references were received the same day, but nothing yet.
SAME! It's down for me too.
riddhi.l
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
- Current University: College in India
- Current Course: BA (Psychology)
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 9.9/10 (Our grade system is out of 10)
- Prospective Course: MSc Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice
riddhi.l
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Also, I had a question. my course always has an interview. Does anyone know when invitations for interviews begin to roll out? Portico did say that I should have my decision about an offer within 6 weeks, so I'm beginning to get anxious to hear back about an interview! I applied Mid-November
eshgoel
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wesgwl)
I had that issue as well. Im supposed to include two references but the form only has a column for one. Not sure if its a problem with the application portal, I have yet to submit mine as the portal seems to being having some issues
Oh alright, may I ask which course you're applying for? since some other people I asked were asked to provide 2 references, so I'm assuming it's course dependent...
Krishna235
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
does anyone know how lenient UCL are with offers for postgrad? This year is more competitive too with the current situation
Marios.12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Krishna235)
does anyone know how lenient UCL are with offers for postgrad? This year is more competitive too with the current situation
I’d say it’s less competitive, as less European students are going to apply for postgraduate programs due to Brexit and the high tuition fees
Krishna235
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Marios.12)
I’d say it’s less competitive, as less European students are going to apply for postgraduate programs due to Brexit and the high tuition fees
I also applied to Manchester and they said this year there is a greater number of applications, so fingers crossed.
CleanKarma
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Krishna235)
I also applied to Manchester and they said this year there is a greater number of applications, so fingers crossed.
Was this just for your course or in general? That actually worries me.
Krishna235
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CleanKarma)
Was this just for your course or in general? That actually worries me.
They said for my course and generally, I'm applying for Health Data Science. Then again, I got an offer within a day for QMUL Bioinformatics. So it's defo a rolling base decision but ofc QMUL isn't as competitive as UCL either so I'm not entirely sure.
Miyav
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I have an offer from QMUL information technology, however waiting impatiently for UCL computer science. There has been a server problem for days. I am really worried and anxious about the result. Btw, this is my second rejection from the ICL. They even do not state any reason for rejection. it is not fair when you charge application fee.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
10%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
2.14%
Finding the time to revise (9)
6.43%
Finding the motivation (42)
30%
Getting distracted (18)
12.86%
Procrastination (53)
37.86%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.71%

Watched Threads