The Student Room Group

Official UCL Postgraduate Applicants 2021 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jcminihan
Yep. I spoke to admissions today and they said that the wait could even extend to next year, as apparently applications aren't worked on over the holidays.

this is not good... :frown:
Reply 101
I applied for MSc Economics the day the portal opened and have not heard from them since, I cant wait :frown:
Original post by 92163
I applied for MSc Economics the day the portal opened and have not heard from them since, I cant wait :frown:

did you get your references on day 1 as well?
my grades for this semester is released on the 21st and I'm anticipating to get honors, do you think its ok if I wait till the 21st or just apply asap?
Original post by riddhi.l
Okay, so this means offers are beginning to roll out now! Best of luck everyone

I received my offer for the Philosophy, Politics, and Economics of Health MA last week! Good luck everyone, I hope y'all hear back soon! :smile:
Hey guys, does anyone know if UCL waits until the application deadline until they start inviting people for interviews? Or is it rolling invites?
- University: Arizona State University
- Course: Architecture
- Achieved Grade: 3.4 out of 4 - *Equivalent to 2:1
- Prospective Course: Urban Design
- Other Universities you’re applying to: NYU, DELFT, COPENHAGEN

Current application status: Under assessment

Did anyone apply to the Bartlett school?

Best of luck everyone :smile:
Hey guys, does anyone know if UCL waits until the application deadline until they start inviting people for interviews? Or is it rolling invites?

As far as I know it depends on each department, also some departments don't do any interviews at all.
Original post by majedbushnag
As far as I know it depends on each department, also some departments don't do any interviews at all.

That makes sense My course actually does have an interview, all the people I’ve spoken to who did the programme in the past did have an interview process, so now I’m super anxious and waiting to hear back about an interview invite
That makes sense My course actually does have an interview, all the people I’ve spoken to who did the programme in the past did have an interview process, so now I’m super anxious and waiting to hear back about an interview invite

I see. Well best of luck to you, I hope you hear back soon :smile:
Reply 110

I am really feeling anxious and checking my emails every 5 minutes for any notification. I can't wait to hear from the University. good luck to all of us ☺️

Thank you!
Original post by Miyav
I am really feeling anxious and checking my emails every 5 minutes for any notification. I can't wait to hear from the University. good luck to all of us ☺️

Literally same!!
Emailed the PALS department admission team yesterday, and they replied that all the applications will be considered after the deadline, which means, they won't be sending out offers until 1 February, 2021...
Reply 114
Original post by chingyi71
Emailed the PALS department admission team yesterday, and they replied that all the applications will be considered after the deadline, which means, they won't be sending out offers until 1 February, 2021...

Feeling sad to hear it. So there will be no difference for the early applications. i think early applicants should be favored :frown:
Reply 115
Original post by chingyi71

Is this for courses where the application deadline is much later on? My course application deadline was Nov. 13th
Original post by Brebs
Is this for courses where the application deadline is much later on? My course application deadline was Nov. 13th

I think it is only for the Psychology and Language Sciences department, since I contacted directly with their admission team!
Just got an Offer from Manchester just waiting for UCL now! (MSc Health Data Science )
Just got an offer!! Though, it was not through the portal. I've contacted the Political Science department (as i've for MSc Security studies) just to know when to expect a decision and i got a reply within 20 minutes saying that they decided to give me an offer! They wish me good luck, they told me congratulations and that i should expect the official offer letter in about 5 working days!
Original post by gvgvgvgvgv
Just got an offer!! Though, it was not through the portal. I've contacted the Political Science department (as i've for MSc Security studies) just to know when to expect a decision and i got a reply within 20 minutes saying that they decided to give me an offer! They wish me good luck, they told me congratulations and that i should expect the official offer letter in about 5 working days!

That's wonderful news, congratulations! I hope we all hear from them soon.

Quick Reply

Latest