The Student Room Group

Official UCL Postgraduate Applicants 2021 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by huszlabemi
Thanks for letting me know, what if my application is still under processed after the 8th week? Would that be a normal situation?

Yes, they only say the aim at giving decisions within 8 weeks. If you look at previous posts in this thread I believe you can find individuals who are on their 12 weeks or so. But of course, this varies among different departments.
Reply 1581
On my 11th week and I have a deadline approaching. This is so frustrating!! Called admissions and they said they can’t guarantee a response before my deadline next week. Sigh
Original post by Mjs12399
Anyone heard offers/rejections from MSc International real estate and planning? Applied in nov... no response yet

hi im still waiting too, hv u received yet
Original post by Nee13
On my 11th week and I have a deadline approaching. This is so frustrating!! Called admissions and they said they can’t guarantee a response before my deadline next week. Sigh

I've been waiting for 15 weeks. I called and emailed admissions numerous times and they weren't very helpful.
It has been very frustrating, and I kind of regret making UCL my first choice.
I accepted other offer I had yesterday and I'm done waiting for UCL. I won't be attending for the sole reason that they didn't respond to my application, which is ridiculous.

UCL seems like a real bureaucratic and messy place tbh. That 90£ application fee was a shameless rip-off for sure.
Original post by huszlabemi
Yes I did receive an email saying it is still under assessment, I think apparently they are responding to our application 8 weeks after we submitted our references.

Okay. Thankyou
Original post by Nee13

Have you emailed the department explaining your situation? By doing this was the only way I found out about about my offer, and the department said they would email portico to expedite the official offer. My status has finally changed to being processed by admissions today!
(edited 2 years ago)
Any news on MSc business analytics?
Reply 1587
Original post by mydktb
I've been waiting for 15 weeks. I called and emailed admissions numerous times and they weren't very helpful.
It has been very frustrating, and I kind of regret making UCL my first choice.
I accepted other offer I had yesterday and I'm done waiting for UCL. I won't be attending for the sole reason that they didn't respond to my application, which is ridiculous.

UCL seems like a real bureaucratic and messy place tbh. That 90£ application fee was a shameless rip-off for sure.

Yeah, the wait is crazy. Sorry about your situation! Waiting for 15 weeks is absurd.
Reply 1588
Original post by engire
Have you emailed the department explaining your situation? By doing this was the only way I found out about about my offer, and the department said they would email portico to expedite the official offer. My status has finally changed to being processed by admissions today!

Congrats! Unfortunately I have tried doing that as well but I only got a generated email response. Thank you though :smile:
Original post by TuttiFrutti1997
Anything new from the ML group?

Nope :smile:
Original post by hellofello
I submitted my application for the Computer Science MSC programme today. Both my references have been sent to UCL as well, which has been confirmed via email. I am now trying to track my application on Portico but get this message:

Anyone have any idea? Thanks!

Hello, I applied on the 11/03/21 MSc Computational Finance and had the same issue. I called UCL and they said that my payment was lost as on the day I paid there was a glitch in their system. The person who can fix this issue apparently will be back only next week (week from 19/04/21). I advise you to give them a call to make sure that they check your account. Hope this helps.
Reply 1591
For anyone waiting on it, the ESRC UBEL DTP has sent out its studentship offers and reserve list notifications.
Original post by Nee13
Any Business Analytics updates?

Still waiting for a reply. Gave my interview on 21st March. Wbu?
Reply 1593
Original post by tsheikh
Still waiting for a reply. Gave my interview on 21st March. Wbu?

Completed mine on the 19th
Original post by Nee13
Completed mine on the 19th

Nice! We should hear back together. I got rejected from Imperial today though - gave my interview on 18th Feb
Reply 1595
Original post by tsheikh
Nice! We should hear back together. I got rejected from Imperial today though - gave my interview on 18th Feb

Yeah fingers crossed! Sorry about that. Hopefully you’ll get an offer from UCL!
Original post by Nee13
Yeah fingers crossed! Sorry about that. Hopefully you’ll get an offer from UCL!

Yes hopefully we both get an offer! stay in touch :smile:
I don't think I performed well in the interview but I received this email from UCL today. What is my chance of getting the offer? This offer means a lot to me. Thank you, guys.
Original post by y604320276
I don't think I performed well in the interview but I received this email from UCL today. What is my chance of getting the offer? This offer means a lot to me. Thank you, guys.

I think you have an offer, you just need to wait for the Admissions to officially process it and give it out to you.

I mean they are congratulating you already, what can it be, congratulating a rejection?
Original post by EricEK
I think you have an offer, you just need to wait for the Admissions to officially process it and give it out to you.

I mean they are congratulating you already, what can it be, congratulating a rejection?

Thank you so much for replying. I am really nervous. I'll update once I hear back from them. I am really afraid that the higher my expectations are, the harder I will fall.

Quick Reply

Latest