s991
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by sussexgal)
Hey! Have you submitted your GRE or GMAT for this course?
Hey!
No. I got a waiver since I already have a UK postgrad degree.
seeyajulia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi there!

I submitted my application on 13th Oct (with both reference letters submitted on the same day) and have not yet received a programme ID. I checked on the "Current processing times" webpage and saw that they are currently processing applications received on 19th Oct. This is confusing as this should mean my application submitted on the 13th should have already been processed by now? Just wanted to check if anyone else is facing a similar situation?
Joroars
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Current University: UCL
- Current Course: BSc Social Sciences
-Expected Grade: First, current average 77%
- Prospective Course: MSc Social and Cultural Psychology
- Other Universities you’re applying to: Don’t know yet, only really want to get on this course. Maybe Kent, Sussex or Surrey.
Cen1989
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by seeyajulia)
Hi there!

I submitted my application on 13th Oct (with both reference letters submitted on the same day) and have not yet received a programme ID. I checked on the "Current processing times" webpage and saw that they are currently processing applications received on 19th Oct. This is confusing as this should mean my application submitted on the 13th should have already been processed by now? Just wanted to check if anyone else is facing a similar situation?
Hi seeyajulia!

For me, it was similar. I submitted my application on October 5th and my references submitted their letters the next day. I received my ID number on October 16th, when according to the "Current processing times", they were processing applications received on October 10th or 12th.

I think it could be a normal delay of days and you should received your last acknowledge email soon.
seeyajulia
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Cen1989)
Hi seeyajulia!

For me, it was similar. I submitted my application on October 5th and my references submitted their letters the next day. I received my ID number on October 16th, when according to the "Current processing times", they were processing applications received on October 10th or 12th.

I think it could be a normal delay of days and you should received your last acknowledge email soon.
Ah this is reassuring to know! Thanks so much for sharing
chingyi71
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
- Current University: National Taiwan University
- Current Course: double major in Foreign Languages and Literatures & Psychology
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 1st (3.97/ 4.3)
- Prospective Course: MSc Organisational and Social Psychology & Social and Public Communication
- Other Universities you’re applying to: Oxford, UCL, Manchester
MS6798
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
- Current University: University of Warwick
- Current Course: Politics and International Studies
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 1st - final average 74%
- Prospective Course: MSc International Political Economy, MSc Psychology of Economic life
- Other Universities you’re applying to: Cambridge, Oxford, UCL, Sciences Po, Bocconi
chingyi71
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi everyone! I'm an international student from Taiwan and I've submitted the application this afternoon. However, when I was printing the document I found out that I didn't fill in the nationality (a part of information)... Since the information could not be changed after the submission, is there any possibility that my application would be rejected or affected due to this situation I've contacted the graduate admission, hope I'll get their answer soon..
Good luck everyone!
Last edited by chingyi71; 5 months ago
Ella_10
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by chingyi71)
Hi everyone! I'm an international student from Taiwan and I've submitted the application this afternoon. However, when I was printing the document I found out that I didn't fill in the nationality (a part of information)... Since the information could not be changed after the submission, is there any possibility that my application would be rejected or affected due to this situation I've contacted the graduate admission, hope I'll get their answer soon..
Good luck everyone!
I wouldn’t worry. If they need that information they’ll get in contact with you.
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Just to let you all know, I’ve stuck this thread at the top of the LSE forum so that you can find it easily - it’s now one of the orange, sticky threads.
chingyi71
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Ella_10)
I wouldn’t worry. If they need that information they’ll get in contact with you.
Thank you so much for your word. I've been anxious since I found out the error Hope you have great news!!
AT2310
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Good luck everyone!
Are you sure you didn't fill in nationality, and that what's happening is that it's not showing up correctly in the printed version? From what I remember, the system shouldn't allow you to proceed with your application without filling in the required information (indicated by an *). There are two "Nationality" spaces in the first page of the application, one is required and the second is optional if you have dual nationality.

In any case, I seriously doubt they would reject your application due to this.
chingyi71
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by AT2310)
Are you sure you didn't fill in nationality, and that what's happening is that it's not showing up correctly in the printed version? From what I remember, the system shouldn't allow you to proceed with your application without filling in the required information (indicated by an *). There are two "Nationality" spaces in the first page of the application, one is required and the second is optional if you have dual nationality.

In any case, I seriously doubt they would reject your application due to this.
Yes I totally agree with you! This is the weird point. I was sure that I have completed every mandatory section before submitting the application, so that’s the reason why I am so confused and anxious about this situation...
I hope that it was an error since the system wouldn't have allowed me to submit if I didn't fill in my nationality. Now I can do nothing but wait for the graduate admission's response...
Last edited by chingyi71; 5 months ago
Guest_aj
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey Guys!
Has anyone received a decision yet?
or
Anyone with a transcript drop scenario?
AT2310
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Yes I totally agree with you! This is the weird point. I was sure that I have completed every mandatory section before submitting the application, so that’s the reason why I am so confused and anxious about this situation...
I hope that it was an error since the system wouldn't have allowed me to submit if I didn't fill in my nationality. Now I can do nothing but wait for the graduate admission's response...
I reckon it's just an error, either in the printed version or the application system! But I'm sure they wouldn't hold it against you! Try to not think about it, I'm sure they'll get back to you soon and that everything will be fine.
chingyi71
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by AT2310)
I reckon it's just an error, either in the printed version or the application system! But I'm sure they wouldn't hold it against you! Try to not think about it, I'm sure they'll get back to you soon and that everything will be fine.
Thank you for your words! I feel better now. LSE is my dream school and this accident is a sheer nightmare for me
alex1498
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Guest_aj)
Hey Guys!
Has anyone received a decision yet?
or
Anyone with a transcript drop scenario?
I have not got any response from lse yet. But I've seen some people get rejected recently
Last edited by alex1498; 5 months ago
manas.v
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
University 1- BITS-Pilani ( B.E. Electrical & Electronics Engg + M.Sc. Biological Sci) (7.21/10)
University 2 - UoLIP ( Cleared criteria for 1st class honors) ( Currently in final year)
Prospective Course 1 - MSc Econometrics & Mathematical Economics
Prospective Course 2 - MSc Economics
Other applications - Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Cornell, etc.
Guest_aj
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by alex1498)
I have not got any response from lse yet. But I've seen some people get rejected recently
OH!
I asked because my transcript has moved to the bottom and the university name has also disappeared, it only says copy received - which is consistent with the transcript drop theory.

Do let me know if any of you are in the same situation or have received an offer letter yet!

Thanks
Vonnie012
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hello! I just received an email that I've been placed on the waiting list.

"Our programme selectors have given initial consideration to your application for but unfortunately they are not yet able to reach a final decision and wish to reconsider your application in a few weeks' time. Your application has therefore been added to the programme waiting list"

Does anyone know what the chances are for someone to be on the waiting list? Have I been subtly rejected haha.

My application has been forwarded to my Second Choice for consideration in the meantime though.
Last edited by Vonnie012; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (136)
4.84%
Uncertainty around my education (412)
14.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (316)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (395)
14.05%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (127)
4.52%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (171)
6.08%
Loneliness (244)
8.68%
Financial worries (101)
3.59%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (113)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (131)
4.66%
Lack of real life entertainment (151)
5.37%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (247)
8.78%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (268)
9.53%

Watched Threads