Jopeter
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello everyone,

I am going to apply for biomedical sciences , and I have one place left. I am confused between Oxford brook uni or brighton uni.
Please can any one advice me which uni has better education and science life.

Thank you.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Is this for 2021 entry?

Just apply with 4 choices and add your 5th choice later on on Track before the January deadline
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Jopeter)
Hello everyone,

I am going to apply for biomedical sciences , and I have one place left. I am confused between Oxford brook uni or brighton uni.

Thank you.
Hello Jopeter,

We are so glad to hear that you are interested in considering joining us as Oxford Brookes University!

I am a current student at the university, however I do not study Biomedical Science so I may not be able to give you many specifics about the course. But I can link you to the web page with lots of information about what the course and modules at Brookes involve: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/un...dical-science/

It is also stated on the above link that according to the 2019 Times Higher Education Young University Rankings, it was ranked 1st in the UK for research and 2nd for teaching. It is also a IBMS (Institute of Biomedical Science) accredited programme.

The facilities at Brookes are modern and if any help is needed, there is always someone to help. My experience studying at the university the past two years has been very positive, I am happy with my course and the people I have been able to meet. The University is also located in the historical city of Oxford which is a very student centred place.

I hope I have been able to help you in some way. If you have anymore questions about the University or Student Life, please do feel free to ask and we would be more than happy to help.

All the best,

Shaf
University of Brighton Enquiries
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jopeter)
Hello everyone,

Thank you.
Hi Jopeter :ciao:

I appreciate that you’re looking for student’s opinions but as an ex Brighton student I thought I may be able to help.

Brighton’s Biomedical course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS). You can also have the option of a year’s paid placement after your second year where you will spend a year working in a professional environment. It’s an excellent way to build on the skills you have developed on your course and to gain new ones.

You can undertake your placement in an accredited NHS training lab which allows you to work towards the IBMS Certificate of Competence and the Registration Training Portfolio.

If you would like, you can also chat to one of our student ambassadors on the course, who will be happy to tell you what studying on the course is like, you can chat to them here.

When choosing your university it’s also worth keeping in mind the location that you like, here at Brighton we have an extensive vibrant student City with plenty of things to see and do, there is a great post here written by our accommodation team on places to visit and eat in Brighton that you read here.

Best of luck with which ever university you decided and please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions!

Bex - Brighton Uni rep :nyan:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed