The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi Everyone! My name is Millie.

GCSE Grades(if you would like to share them)
3x 9s, 1x 8, 5x 7s
Are you satisfied with your grades?
Yeah, for the most part, can't really complain all things considered.
What subjects are you studying for A-Levels/BTECs
A-level Classical Civilisations, A-level Film Studies, A-level Early Modern History.
How are you feeling about starting Year 12?
Excited but nervous about making new friends as I'm going to a new college
Any plans for the next year?
Not really taking every day at a time
Any plans made yet for what you will do after A-Levels/BTECs?
University to study Classical Civilisations
How was Year 11 for you?
Loved every second of it :smile:
Any hobbies/interests?
Running and watching film and TV
How was your lockdown?
Not too bad but for the most part very boring

Some random questions:
How long do you think it will take to get a CoVid-19 vaccine, if there will ever be one?
Probably late 2021
Do you like the summer or the winter?
Autumn
Do you think marmite should be banned?
No, I won't judge you for your tastes
Do you like Tea or Coffee? (Only one choice permitted!)

Tea
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by RoxyThorn
do you think getting a part time job will affect my studies?

generally I think people wouldn't advise doing a part time job with 4 a levels and would with 3 a levels. but it's really up to you and how you cope with deadlines and under pressure.
Reply 122
Original post by philogrobized
I got a maths set and I bought a graphical calculator recently.

Original post by RyanC_
I’m not sure if we have to but I’m taking one anyway as I had one for gcse that I never used :smile:

Thanks for the help! xx
Reply 123
My highest was a grade 8 in art and lowest was a 4 in maths, just glad I passed aha Going on to do a level art, criminology and early modern history
Original post by Cd2020
My highest was a grade 8 in art and lowest was a 4 in maths, just glad I passed aha Going on to do a level art, criminology and early modern history

Well done on your art grade. I got a 4 in my art GCSE and that was my lowest grade. 😂😂
Reply 125
Original post by Oshmit
THEYEAR 12CHAT THREAD(2020-21)

Hi Everyone! That's it... we're through! After 1.5 years of hard work, 6 months of lockdown, GCSEs are done! I hope everyone was satisfied with their results and has planned their next steps. With that in mind, this is the new year 12 thread, for all of us to chat, lament, rejoice, share notes over the next year. Here's a format for your first post, but nobody is forcing you to follow it, post whatever you like!

YOUR FIRST POST:

GCSE Grades(if you would like to share them:smile:
Are you satisfied with your grades?:wink:
Any plans for the next year?:redface:
How was Year 11 for you?:redface:
Any hobbies/interests?
How was your lockdown?:smile:
For those with GYGs, feel free to link them...

Some random questions:
How long do you think it will take to get a CoVid-19 vaccine, if there will ever be one?
Do you think marmite should be banned?:confused:
Do you like Tea or Coffee? (Only one choice permitted!):biggrin:

All the best from me! I hope your dreams and aspirations are fulfilled over the coming year, and we get to stay in normal school..

GCSE Grades:
six 9s, four 8s - mostly happy but got some that were the same as my mock grades :frown:

What subjects are you studying for A-Levels/BTECs?
English, French, Geography, Music, EPQ

Excited to be studying subjects I like but a little nervous about other aspects of school life!

To work hard at my subjects, reach some specific goals in my out-of-school activities and write for some magazines in and out of school

Uni - I'm still undecided about which subject I want to study

How was Year 11 for you?
It was definitely a learning curb! Strangely, I found it less stressful than year 10.

Any hobbies/interests?
Music, Figure skating, Reading and Writing

How was your lockdown?
Had it's ups and downs

Neither - definitely prefer Autumn and Spring

I don't have any particularly strong opinions about marmite...so I won't make enemies of either the marmite lovers or haters :wink:

TEA ☕️(particularly green and herbal teas for the record :wink:)
Original post by Oshmit

Hi Everyone! That's it... we're through! After 1.5 years of hard work, 6 months of lockdown, GCSEs are done! I hope everyone was satisfied with their results and has planned their next steps. With that in mind, this is the new year 12 thread, for all of us to chat, lament, rejoice, share notes over the next year. Here's a format for your first post, but nobody is forcing you to follow it, post whatever you like!

YOUR FIRST POST:

Any hobbies/interests?

Some random questions:

All the best from me! I hope your dreams and aspirations are fulfilled over the coming year, and we get to stay in normal school...

Grades: 999999988876
Am I Satisfied with my grades: I guess so, except a few however I was proud of myself despite it as I spend so much time on extra curricular activities and so sometimes balancing study can be extremely difficult
What subjects am I studying: English Literature, Drama and Theatre Studies, RS Philosophy and Ethics and an EPQ
How am I feeling about starting sixth form : I feel worried but at the same time am excited as I'm looking forward to a new start and challenges to push me however I start on my 17th birthday which I think could feel a little lonely as I am an external student at a school sixth form
Any plans for the next year: Dedicate lots of time to things that give me joy, focus hard at sixth form and work/ strive for self improvement. I also hope to participate heavily once again in my extra curriculars and find friends and possibly a relationship.
Any plans for after A levels: Hopefully drama school
How was year 11: The most incredible year I could have ever wished for
Any hobbies/ interests: Youth theatre, National Youth Theatre, acting, singing, ballet, tap, music, playing the piano and ukulele, literature, contemporary dance, baking, writing and reading
How was lockdown: It was alright, I spent a lot of it on Zoom and investing time in previously neglected hobbies
Tea or Coffee: Coffee, always coffee
grades: 9999998887
am i satisfied with my grades?: for everything else yes apart from the 7, i know that if i actually revised for mocks and cared i wouldve gotten an 8 maybe even a 9 :/ none of these grades feel like an accomplishment since i never sat the exams
what subjects am i studying: bio, chem, psych and maybe epq
how do i feel starting sixth form?: excited but i know i will regret saying that in a few weeks.
plans for next year: gcses were tough in terms of my mental health so i didn’t do well in terms of working and revision, but this time i’m going to be revising most of the time and trying out extras and supers.
any plans for a levels: medical school (oxford, imperial, ucl or leeds)
any hobbies or interests?: art, sports, gaming, shopping, exercising etc.
how was lockdown: boring i want to go out lol
coffee coffee coffee
Original post by Oshmit

YOUR FIRST POST:

Any hobbies/interests?

Some random questions:

All the best from me! I hope your dreams and aspirations are fulfilled over the coming year, and we get to stay in normal school..

Yes although I dont think I deserve them
- maths
- further maths
- biology
- chemistry
unprepared but alright
To have a holiday
University definitely
How was Year 11 for you?
Too quick honestly but overall I enjoyed it
Any hobbies/interests?
Drawing, reading, painting, badminton, learning languages
How was your lockdown?
Boring as hell
Do you like Tea or Coffee?

Tea definitely
Original post by ThoughtsOfSpring
GCSE Grades:
six 9s, four 8s - mostly happy but got some that were the same as my mock grades :frown:

What subjects are you studying for A-Levels/BTECs?
English, French, Geography, Music, EPQ

Excited to be studying subjects I like but a little nervous about other aspects of school life!

To work hard at my subjects, reach some specific goals in my out-of-school activities and write for some magazines in and out of school

Uni - I'm still undecided about which subject I want to study

How was Year 11 for you?
It was definitely a learning curb! Strangely, I found it less stressful than year 10.

Any hobbies/interests?
Music, Figure skating, Reading and Writing

How was your lockdown?
Had it's ups and downs

Neither - definitely prefer Autumn and Spring

I don't have any particularly strong opinions about marmite...so I won't make enemies of either the marmite lovers or haters :wink:

TEA ☕️(particularly green and herbal teas for the record :wink:)

Wow figure skating sounds fun!! Also I agree with green and herbal teas ( I mainly drink these too!) Good luck in your future studies!
Original post by PengWins123
GCSE Grades: 9 in sciences, 7 in maths, 6 in English language, 8 in Spanish. With regards to the rest... It is what it is.
Are you satisfied with your grades? : Good enough to get me to the school I want with the subjects I want
What subjects are you studying for A-Levels/BTECs: Physics, maths chemistry bio
How are you feeling about starting Year 12? Very eager as I'll be external.
Any plans for the next year? Smash every subject, hopefully doing a lot of extracurriculars maybe even try some competitions
Any plans made yet for what you will do after A-Levels/BTECs? Something in uni I guess . Relating to physics most likely
How was Year 11 for you? Might have been the worst year of my life academically speaking maybe even mentally
Any hobbies/interests? Badminton, singing drawing,
How was your lockdown? Good, during lockdown I've been able to talk better digitally to my friends cos I hardly ever did before

Well done on your gcse results!!
My subjects are very similar to yours, good luck
Original post by Nae2390
Hey everyone i was wondering if you wouldn't mind to check out my youtube channel , i just started it :smile: thank you in advanced . If you don't want to check it out it's okay.
My channel name is: naomi ricci(it's the one with a photo)

I watched your first video, you seem very humble and down to earth! I don't have a youtube channel so I cant subscribe but I hope to stick around to see your future videos! Good luck and I hope you enjoy making fun videos on your channel
Is anyone else nervous for starting further maths, physics or chemistry?

Im doing maths, physics and chemistry. Im a little nervous as there will be a lot more work than gcse but i enjoyed those subjects and did well, i think it will ok once we get into routine again
Is anyone doing biology, maths and psychology?
Original post by blink2020

I'm doing biology and maths
Reply 135
Original post by Polygons
Wow figure skating sounds fun!! Also I agree with green and herbal teas ( I mainly drink these too!) Good luck in your future studies!

Thank you - best of luck to you too! :smile:
GCSE Grades(if you would like to share them:
Maths- 8
English lit- 8
English lang- 9
Combined science- 9-8
RE- 8
History- 8
French- 5
Art- 8
Psychology- 7 ((ik most schools that offer psych are private, mines a comprehensive i just got very lucky that they offered it!)
Media studies-8

Very!!!
I'm doing A-level English lit, Psych and History :biggrin: ((also EPQ))
Excited! I know it'll be hard but I'm ready for the next step :>
Not really but I'm going to a Declan Mckenna concert in april with some friends
University to study law!! Definitely not just because of legally blonde, suits and eve cornwell (no but srsly i find it interesting)
How was Year 11 for you?
Good! I think the cancellation of exams taught me that I should work harder from the start though (and it proved that having a good relationship with teachers/always participating in class helps!)
Any hobbies/interests?
I love art! I have an art instagram (@graphitedork) for those interested :> I also play video games and adore cats ^ ^
=' - '=
How was your lockdown?
As much as I miss cinemas and restaurants, i consider myself very lucky to have not had to worry about income, health and similar things. Sadly, we did have a family member pass whose cremation we couldnt attend but luckily she lived a good life and it wasnt pandemic related.

No GYG because I've started an instagram study account (@notes.by.lee

Some random questions:
I'm hopeful there will be one ready by March next year, all we should really do is try to do our bit to keep the cases down so that people's lives can be saved until we find out more about a vaccine and when we could get it (it currently seems quite promising, suspicious-russian-vaccine aside)
I'm born in the summer but i like both. Summer is great for days out ((not this year unless you follow measures!!)) but I prefer winter because you can bundle up and drink hot chocolate
some marmite think so but i dont

but i like both!!!! fine, coffee!!

Drop here!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by blink2020

im doing psych :>
the same lol

im doing math physics dt. Im **** math and physics but that will make most of my work time anyway. DT is easy but the course work will be a pain in the arse in year 13.
Is anyone else nervous for starting further maths, physics or chemistry?

I'm a bit nervous for starting maths tbh. i'm not bad at math, but in order to get good grades i really need to put in the effort. the same goes with physics

Latest