The Current Year 11 Chat Thread (2020-2021)

Watch
1hhh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by faizanarshad360)
Yes. There's a contingency day (29th June) which all Year 11s must be available until. GCSEs can be run all the way up to an including on the contingency day. If the lockdown doesn't end before that day or you miss a few because of time, you will get CAGs
thanx 😄
Starlight15
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Any of you planning to make your own GYG (grow your grades) thread? On the GYG forum
Last edited by Starlight15; 1 month ago
X.243llie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
my names ellie
i love football , chelsea fc💙 . love womens football especially have the teams signatures nearly all of them , photos with ny fav players , sigbature from emma hayes and a phonr call from bethany england.

i moved schools in december last year and so only had 3 proper months of school at my new school. i dont know all my grades as i took new subjects but ill make a guess and i dont know my predicted grades either but ill make a guess.

maths aqa (cag5) (pg7)
english aqa (cag5 in lit) (pg6 in lit)
science double (cag5) (pg7)
history (cag7) (pg8)
re (cag6 open book) (pg4)
sociology (cag?) (pg6)
all aqa the above
business edexcel (cag?) (pg6)
creative imedia (cag?) (pg the highest)

i want to be a history teacher

a levels history , biology and not sure on 3rd option yet
Last edited by X.243llie; 1 month ago
15977emily
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Starlight15)
Any of you planning to make your own GYG thread?
GYG?
jae jae
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by faizanarshad360)
Yes. There's a contingency day (29th June) which all Year 11s must be available until. GCSEs can be run all the way up to an including on the contingency day. If the lockdown doesn't end before that day or you miss a few because of time, you will get CAGs
Wait what?
Last edited by jae jae; 1 month ago
Starlight15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 15977emily)
GYG?
It stands for Grow your Grades it happens every academic year (with this year's forum *hopefully* opening on the 24th August)

It's making a blog about documenting your journey from the beginning of your learning all the way through your exams and up to results day

More information here
Last edited by Starlight15; 1 month ago
faizanarshad360
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jae jae)
Wait what?
https://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-adminis...-skills?a=9960
X.243llie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the november ones aint for us tbats for the year11 just gone
jae jae
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But isn’t gcse 2021 delayed by a few weeks
Last edited by jae jae; 1 month ago
X.243llie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
cos i got so confused at first😂
X.243llie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But isn’t gcse 2021 delayed by a few weeks
look at it it goes into the end of june but starts at may
X.243llie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by X.243llie)
the november ones aint for us tbats for the year11 just gone
also im lucky none of my tests flash and im also lucky that with almost all of ny tests i have 1 per day and ill have a gap here and there of a day but ill have for example am to revise fir the exam adn then the rest of the evening to revise for the next days one. tbh idc about re im not gonna do brilliantly at it im terrible at re. business isnt to hard but its not what im gonna hugely focus on same with sociokogy. maths english science and history are what im.mainly focusing on
Roses & Dreams
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emilyegould)
I think I should kick this thread off with my introduction and icebreakers!

- My name is Emily (she/her)
- I'm taking three exams in the November exam series, which are Citizenship, Psychology and Sociology (I was due to take them this year, but as they were self taught, my centre could not give me a CAG), then I'm taking Triple Science, DT, French & History in the summer. I also took Computer Science in Year 9, and attained an 8. All AQA! (If you need any help with any of these subjects, especially CompSci and those I'm taking in November, I'm more than happy to provide it!
- I can't say I'm one for favourite and least favourite subjects, I enjoy studying Law extracurricularly and I'd say that's my true passion and the subject I enjoy most.
- My current predicted grades range from 7-9! Seven 9s, five 8s and a 7.
- I would LOVE to get all 8/9 grades, majority 9s would be lovely.
- In the future, I aspire to study Law at either Oxford or in London. I am working towards a career as a corporate solicitor in an international firm based in London, but I also have an interest in medical negligence law, so we'll see where it takes me once I'm able to study the subject in more depth!
- I'm honestly a little stuck on what I might like to do for A Level, but I'm thinking of Sociology, which is pretty much definite, along with other options I'm not so sure on and will have to see what my school offers next year (it's pretty small so changes a lot depending on cohort)!
- I'm a little apprehensive about starting Year 11. It's dawned on me just how short of a time it is until our actual exams. It's going to be quite a busy year and I'm a little nervous about how my November exams may interfere with mocks/other school work. I haven't been revising over the summer, and I know of many people who have been so that's certainly put me on edge! As well as the academic challenges, I am nervous about the return to school with COVID-19, as who knows what will happen and whether our exams might possibly reach the same fate that they have this year. If you're worried about going back, rest assured, you aren't alone! Feel free to reach out to me anytime.

I think that's everything! We can do this, Class of 2021!
Oh damnn oh no I was supposed to be sitting a GCSE this year too but I never got grades. Basically it's a complicated story, I'm not in a class for the subject but I did mocks, so does that mean I'll have to do the November exam series too? :ninja: or am I overthinking cause dear goodness I hope I am
Roses & Dreams
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Starlight15)
Any of you planning to make your own GYG (grow your grades) thread? On the GYG forum
I don't know, I keep on making one and deleting my account because I'm weird lmao so they never last. I want to make one though
Starlight15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Roses & Dreams)
I don't know, I keep on making one and deleting my account because I'm weird lmao so they never last. I want to make one though
There's no harm in trying give it a go this year, I'll be supporting you through your blogs :woo:
faizan.f.u
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
who else is scared for this year
b1nary
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Best of luck Year 11s. You guys will ace it! :gthumb:
jae jae
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by X.243llie)
look at it it goes into the end of june but starts at may
Gcse 2021 starts in may?
emilyegould
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Roses & Dreams)
Oh damnn oh no I was supposed to be sitting a GCSE this year too but I never got grades. Basically it's a complicated story, I'm not in a class for the subject but I did mocks, so does that mean I'll have to do the November exam series too? :ninja: or am I overthinking cause dear goodness I hope I am
I'd say they'd ask you to either take it in November or next year, I also did mocks but because I don't have a teacher they couldn't give a CAG I hope it's not the same for you!
15977emily
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Gcse 2021 starts in may?
Yeah, it's the same as previous years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (84)
21.43%
No (308)
78.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed