Any ADHDers down to talk?

Watch
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Feeling good but not when it comes to how isolated I am due to ADHD so here's a feeble attempt at reaching out.
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by CosmicApathy1)
Feeling good but not when it comes to how isolated I am due to ADHD so here's a feeble attempt at reaching out.
i have ADHD. what do you want to talk about?
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloeebrown09)
i have ADHD. what do you want to talk about?
Hi I just want to talk. Nothing in particular, I just feel like ADHD stunts my social ability.
Masked Marauder
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
not diagnosed but I have many of the symptoms
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vardhan95)
not diagnosed but I have many of the symptoms
You should probably get that checked out. Living with undiagnosed ADHD really sucks and only makes your life worse. I had symptoms for many years just thinking I was broken compared to everyone else.
Masked Marauder
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You should probably get that checked out. Living with undiagnosed ADHD really sucks and only makes your life worse. I had symptoms for many years just thinking I was broken compared to everyone else.
ok, I will think about it. I could probably use some medications to focus as my studies have not been going anywhere for about an year now.
Last edited by Masked Marauder; 5 months ago
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
ok, I will think about it. I could probably use some medications to focus as my studies have not been going anywhere for about an year now.
Usually your symptoms are lifelong. Have your studies just been stagnant for a year or have they always been stagnant and they've just been extra stagnant during this year specifically?
Masked Marauder
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Usually your symptoms are lifelong. Have your studies just been stagnant for a year or have they always been stagnant and they've just been extra stagnant during this year specifically?
Ups and downs, I have been in treatment for bipolar, but this year was the worst in terms of exams passed - only 3.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Ups and downs, I have been in treatment for bipolar, but this year was the worst in terms of exams passed - only 3.
Bipolar sounds rough. Anyway at least you passed 3 exams, I'm still stuck on GCSE's as I've only passed science. I've basically given up at this point as I've tried 3 times. Anyway medication might benefit you but you never know until you try.
Masked Marauder
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Bipolar sounds rough. Anyway at least you passed 3 exams, I'm still stuck on GCSE's as I've only passed science. I've basically given up at this point as I've tried 3 times. Anyway medication might benefit you but you never know until you try.
Thanks for the help.
have you looked into alternatives to gcse and a levels?
Where I came from we had to do them but not so in the UK from what Ive read
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi I just want to talk. Nothing in particular, I just feel like ADHD stunts my social ability.
yeah it sucks. i have ADHD, ADD, and social anxiety. quite the mix. :facepalm:
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Thanks for the help.
have you looked into alternatives to gcse and a levels?
Where I came from we had to do them but not so in the UK from what Ive read
I'm in college studying Interactive digital media and I'm hoping after my 3 years there I can apply for an apprenticeship. I cannot see myself passing GCSE's anytime soon.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
yeah it sucks. i have ADHD, ADD, and social anxiety. quite the mix. :facepalm:
This sounds kinda dumb but giving yourself a superficial fake form of confidence actually kinda helps with social anxiety at least in my experience anyway. Even if you aren't confident just pretend you are and you'll eventually trick yourself into having a bit more confidence than when you started.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
This sounds kinda dumb but giving yourself a superficial fake form of confidence actually kinda helps with social anxiety at least in my experience anyway. Even if you aren't confident just pretend you are and you'll eventually trick yourself into having a bit more confidence than when you started.
yeah ive done that. but then i feel stupid. :sigh:
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
yeah ive done that. but then i feel stupid. :sigh:
Honestly you're going to feel like a **** when you first start but you get used to it. Obviously it's not for everyone but it worked for me so I can only suggest.

EDIT: I loved how it censored the word "tw4t" lol
Last edited by CosmicApathy1; 5 months ago
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Honestly you're going to feel like a **** when you first start but you get used to it. Obviously it's not for everyone but it worked for me so I can only suggest.

EDIT: I loved how it censored the word "tw4t" lol
hahah. if i am gonna use a bad word i usually put this * in one of the letters. but maybe i should try it? i just feel like i might seem self-involved or something.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
hahah. if i am gonna use a bad word i usually put this * in one of the letters. but maybe i should try it? i just feel like i might seem self-involved or something.
Honestly as long as you continue to stay in your lane and not starting to act like you're the superior then I think you'll do fine. Also I had no idea "tw4t" was a bad word. TSR mods are overzealous.
Masked Marauder
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'm in college studying Interactive digital media and I'm hoping after my 3 years there I can apply for an apprenticeship. I cannot see myself passing GCSE's anytime soon.
Thats great..dont be so sure of that, you seem pretty smart and could probably pass them.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Honestly as long as you continue to stay in your lane and not starting to act like you're the superior then I think you'll do fine. Also I had no idea "tw4t" was a bad word. TSR mods are overzealous.
yeah it is a bad word :yep:
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
yeah it is a bad word :yep:
And I think that's bullcrap
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (330)
55.74%
I don't have everything I need (262)
44.26%

Watched Threads