Requirements not met

Watch this thread
Osmundhunter
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I super badly want to do triple science at this college. I met the requirements for science but not for maths. I did foundation maths which resulted in them giving me a 5 as I was limited to one. However, the college requirements are a 6 in maths which I literally couldn’t get as it was a foundation paper. What do I do to convince them?! Please help
999tigger
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Osmundhunter)
I super badly want to do triple science at this college. I met the requirements for science but not for maths. I did foundation maths which resulted in them giving me a 5 as I was limited to one. However, the college requirements are a 6 in maths which I literally couldn’t get as it was a foundation paper. What do I do to convince them?! Please help
You cna try an appeal pointing out they limited you to foundation or find another college.
L-K
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Do you mean you want to study all three sciences at A level?
I would think about this carefully, the reason the requirements are there are because the maths elements in science a levels are quite full on and quite a high level of knowledge will be assumed at the start of the course.
Think about what you might want to do in the future and then what grades and subjects you would need. If you need the three sciences then go and fight your corner!
Last edited by L-K; 1 year ago
Osmundhunter
Rep:
(Original post by L-K)
Do you mean you want to study all three sciences at A level?
I would think about this carefully, the reason the requirements are there are because the maths elements in science a levels are quite full on and quite a high level of knowledge will be assumed at the start of the course.
Think about what you might want to do in the future and then what grades and subjects you would need. If you need the three sciences then go and fight your corner!
I have been wanting to study medicine to become a neuro surgeon. I am going to tell them that I could get extra tutoring for maths if they feel any better about letting me do it. It is my dream and I will back it till the end! Thank you for your advice I need all the help at the moment it’s heart breaking news to hear when you’ve done well on your GCSEs but can’t do a course just because you were limited to a 5 because of how you did on your SATs at the age of 10. Thank you again!
Osmundhunter
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
You cna try an appeal pointing out they limited you to foundation or find another college.
Thank you!!
L-K
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I have been wanting to study medicine to become a neuro surgeon. I am going to tell them that I could get extra tutoring for maths if they feel any better about letting me do it. It is my dream and I will back it till the end! Thank you for your advice I need all the help at the moment it’s heart breaking news to hear when you’ve done well on your GCSEs but can’t do a course just because you were limited to a 5 because of how you did on your SATs at the age of 10. Thank you again!
I can imagine that must be so frustrating! Could you resit your maths whilst doing your A levels?
What did you get in your Science GCSEs? If they were good grades it's definitely worth calling the college for a discussion.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Thank you!!
Theres only a slight chance they will change their mind, in which case you need to be looking at other sixth forms.
Is it Maths you wnat to do at A level or is it you need a 6 in Maths to do Bio and Chem?
Osmundhunter
Rep:
(Original post by L-K)
I can imagine that must be so frustrating! Could you resit your maths whilst doing your A levels?
What did you get in your Science GCSEs? If they were good grades it's definitely worth calling the college for a discussion.
Yes I got the required 6-6 grades for science which is less of a worry and I did ask them if they’d allow me to study the courses whilst doing the higher maths but they said resits are in November and they would be marked in January so they said it’s not possible. The fight isn’t over yet!
Osmundhunter
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
Theres only a slight chance they will change their mind, in which case you need to be looking at other sixth forms.
Is it Maths you wnat to do at A level or is it you need a 6 in Maths to do Bio and Chem?
6 in maths to do bio and chemistry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads