The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2020/21

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simon.687
Hey guys I wanna congratulate everyone who's passing the FSAC! I was wondering when most FSBs are and if they give you one how far in advance do they give you the invitation to prepare?

So I found out I passed my AC today, got invited to my FSB about 1.5 hours later & was given the 10th of February as the date! So i've got over 2 and a half weeks to prepare!
Original post by betty126
Is it possible to hear back on a weekend??

Last year's thread, people were hearing back on the weekend, so u never know.
Original post by betty126
Is it possible to hear back on a weekend??

I’m not sure about AC’s but I heard back about passing my VI on a Sunday
Does anyone know what this year’s intake will be for each position? Or at least last year’s?

I only applied for Econ Diplo, and if there’s only 1 place I might just reject my AC lol
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by bingbingbongbang
Does anyone know what this year’s intake will be for each position? Or at least last year’s?

I only applied for Econ Diplo, and if there’s only 1 place I might just reject my AC lol

Not sure about this year, but info as late as 2017 can be found quite easily online and split down by each stream.

Definitely more than one place will be avaliable lol!
Is it possible for a fast streamer to start the gig earlier than Sept/Oct for HR - say July?
Hiya, just trying to work out how the scoring works. They specify specific competencies for each task, but not all of the behaviours are covered over the 3 tasks? Are you still assessed against these? Also what is the maximum no. marks for each competency?
Original post by Pfort99
Is it possible for a fast streamer to start the gig earlier than Sept/Oct for HR - say July?

If it’s: Generalist, Commercial, pd, property, stats, ddat, hr or s I & eng then no, they all start on the same dates in Sept / Oct
You also won’t know the location of your post until 6/8 weeks before you start (again for the above schemes)
(edited 3 years ago)
Has anyone heard back after FSAC who has HOP down as their top scheme? It's been nearly 8 weeks since I did my FSAC and I'm unsure if the reason I haven't heard back is because I've been amber banded or because HOP just haven't set any pass marks yet, as I haven't heard of anyone getting through to FSB for it...
Original post by Stu76
different, it's not as painful as I thought doing it over video call, think it went well? :smile:

Well best of luck mate, fingers crossed u get a place 🤞🏼
Original post by T0ucan
Has anyone heard back after FSAC who has HOP down as their top scheme? It's been nearly 8 weeks since I did my FSAC and I'm unsure if the reason I haven't heard back is because I've been amber banded or because HOP just haven't set any pass marks yet, as I haven't heard of anyone getting through to FSB for it...

So far there's no passes reported for HOP! Not a guarantee as there's been previous years where none were reported the whole period, presumably just because no successful candidates were on TSR, but as you say they may have just not set pass marks. Their window for accepting people is presumably very very small so they might not set an early pass mark at all.
Original post by CHUser240
Hiya, just trying to work out how the scoring works. They specify specific competencies for each task, but not all of the behaviours are covered over the 3 tasks? Are you still assessed against these? Also what is the maximum no. marks for each competency?

You get a maximum score out of 16, which is 4 marks for 4 behaviours. The behaviours are all assessed at least least twice across the tasks. The pic is mine and it comes with the little explanation para at the top.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by bingbingbongbang

There's a Civil Service World article from the start of the application process which said there were 5 places but we have no clue how accurate that it. "Normal" Diplo was supposed to be a similar numbers but there's been proportionately way higher FSB invites for it to make sense so it's unclear how reliable the numbers are. Regardless, do not bin off your AC. Someone has to get the places, and you've done incredibly well to get this far. Only a small percentage of candidates do!
Does anyone know if anyone has found out about FSB invites for the diplo scheme yet? Just wondering whether the pass mark for it has been determined yet
(edited 3 years ago)
Has anyone applying for the government social research scheme heard back from their AC's? Did my AC Tuesday afternoon and I'm starting to think I've been amber banded :/ People from other schemes seem to have heard back but haven't seen much from GSR people :smile:
Original post by jetabuzoku7
Has anyone applying for the government social research scheme heard back from their AC's? Did my AC Tuesday afternoon and I'm starting to think I've been amber banded :/ People from other schemes seem to have heard back but haven't seen much from GSR people :smile:

My first choice is GSR had AC 4th December and still waiting :smile:
Original post by jetabuzoku7

I've got my AC for it beginning of Feb. I feel like I have seen someone get invited to the FSB.... but only one person (on here, obviously).
Original post by Marfyy2
You get a maximum score out of 16, which is 4 marks for 4 behaviours. The behaviours are all assessed at least least twice across the tasks. The pic is mine and it comes with the little explanation para at the top.

Thanks for sharing
Original post by Marfyy2

Thank you! That's very helpful :smile: Also congrats on your score - you did amazing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending