The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2020/21

Scroll to see replies

FSOB is Fast stream on boarding, its next week I believe and depending.on your scheme you attend a different one, it was on the last news letter
Original post by myturnnow
FSOB is Fast stream on boarding, its next week I believe and depending.on your scheme you attend a different one, it was on the last news letter

What is the newsletter? I've had a FS place since mid April and haven't received any
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by T0ucan
What is the newsletter? I've had a FS place since mid April and haven't received any

Its called "On your marks", you should have had one come through today, if you're not getting them you should get in contact with the FS.
Original post by Schmaris
I'm so sorry - it looks like a right mess. I've not heard of a FSOB call. I think with the slowness of the CS it'll take a while for processes to catch up from their mistake. You deserve at least an apology, and you have your SCS on the case so I have my fingers crossed that you get moved into a good role.

The email explaining what the meeting is about went into my junk, it was Onboarding.

I'm interested to know how far they'll keep going until they work it out, today I got the Newsletter and an email about transferring my current clearance to the Fast Stream.
I emailed assignmentsfaststream to say I'm giving up my place (got a private sector offer I preferred) but they're still sending me fast stream Friday newsletters, does anyone know if my withdrawal has actually gone through??
Original post by chalbliagtelle
I emailed assignmentsfaststream to say I'm giving up my place (got a private sector offer I preferred) but they're still sending me fast stream Friday newsletters, does anyone know if my withdrawal has actually gone through??

have you withdrawn your application on the CS jobs portal?
Original post by Schmaris
have you withdrawn your application on the CS jobs portal?

Good point, have done that now!
Had an email this morning stating the Department for International Trade had looked at my papers and decided to offer me an EO role through the DAS.

Looking forward to finding out more about it by 3rd June. Only downside is that I have recently started an EO position within the Home Office and I think you are expected to stay for 2 years unless moving on promotion. Not sure how the DAS offer would effect that as I applied on the fast stream way before this position?
Original post by ray300193
I think you are expected to stay for 2 years unless moving on promotion

Once you pass your probation, you're free to change departments both sideways and upwards. You don't have to stay unless you like the team/work/department.
Original post by SkanPad
Once you pass your probation, you're free to change departments both sideways and upwards. You don't have to stay unless you like the team/work/department.

Yeah I did think that they can't make you stay, only ask you to.

Luckily I was promoted from another department and my probation is already passed due to this reason.
Hey has anyone on the economics scheme been given their departments/locations yet?

Thanks!
Well that's my departments and locations sent off,now let's have another long wait....
Reply 5932
Hello guys,

I want to apply again this year for the Smart Stream but this time I want to prepare a bit better.

I have found this preparation pack online and a couple of videos on YouTube but I would like to ask you if you have any suggestions on preparation packs or coaching?

Thank you!
has anyones CS Jobs Portal updated?
Original post by AspiringCS
has anyones CS Jobs Portal updated?

Nothing for me yet.
Someone on LinkedIn joining the HR Fast Stream in September has found out their department now... so maybe others will hear sooner than July :smile:
I saw that, super early notice , I'm not expecting to hear until Aug for an oct start
(edited 2 years ago)
Just for some transparency, I'm on GSR and heard about my department allocation at the end of April
Hi, please could someone private message me the link to the Fast Stream (Generalist) offer holders WhatsApp group chat?
Reply 5939
Hi just wondering if anyone has put in a relocation restriction and whether they have had a response?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending