The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2020/21

Scroll to see replies

I'm placed in London for MOD, also looking for potential flatmates! :smile:
Original post by Zedjay
Are you a September start?

I’ve sent emails to chase this up but as of yet I haven’t heard back yet

No I'm Oct but I haven't sent my CS xfer form off yet which I know we were meant to do 'as soon as possible'! Let me know if you hear back from them and I'll do the same!
Original post by Leo1994
No I'm Oct but I haven't sent my CS xfer form off yet which I know we were meant to do 'as soon as possible'! Let me know if you hear back from them and I'll do the same!

Will do :smile:
Original post by ellroberts14
Hi. I had my first meeting with my AM and it's really useful as they can give you lots of help/information in regards to relocation/online working information.

Nice, that sounds good. Did you chase them up for a meeting or did they reach out to you?
Original post by MrGilgamesh
Nice, that sounds good. Did you chase them up for a meeting or did they reach out to you?

I’m sure they would reach out eventually, but I emailed them first.
Original post by ellroberts14
I’m sure they would reach out eventually, but I emailed them first.

Appreciate that, thank you!
Did anybody here apply for the devolved administration scheme for the Scottish Government? And, if you're starting in September so have received information about your posting, were you successful?

I really hope I get into this scheme!! I start in October so haven't yet heard anything. The suspense is killing me 😅
The wait is excruciating! But we are nearly there !
Original post by Zedjay
Will do :smile:

Have you had any joy with the salary confirmation or is there still radio silence? I haven't received a response yet.
Original post by Leo1994
Have you had any joy with the salary confirmation or is there still radio silence? I haven't received a response yet.

Heyy. I haven’t received anything yet :frown:
Original post by Zedjay
Heyy. I haven’t received anything yet :frown:

Arghhh! The wait is excruciating!
Original post by Leo1994
Arghhh! The wait is excruciating

keeping an eye on my emails all day everyday
Original post by Zedjay
keeping an eye on my emails all day everyday

I am the same! I am struggling to get info from Assignments at the moment to do the CS transfer form. It asks for new Line Manager contact details. I am assuming that would be the TDM. I need to get a move on as I’m an October start and my current department isn’t known for its rapid approach to anything. Can I ask what my fellow current CS put for that question?

Also haven’t had my salary confirmed and I’ve asked several times. I know they probably won’t match my allowances, as they are RRA and OLW. I just need to know they’ll match the base salary.

They must be super busy!
I'm sure I just put Cabinet office and their email as its not know yet. Any errors they will contact you very quickly
Original post by myturnnow
I'm sure I just put Cabinet office and their email as its not know yet. Any errors they will contact you very quickly

I guess you are right. I’m more worried that my HR department will get all officious if everything isn’t perfect. I am not going to lie, I find this all a bit rushed. I would never submit a transfer form until I had seen a final contract. I’m guessing that comes with our posting? I asked several questions on the draft contract that came out, which is very much aimed at new starts but was reassured that the answers will all be addressed in the final contract.
Contracts do take a while, I think I got mine about 3 months after starting with my current department, don't worry , they are just slow at some things
To those starting as Generalists on September 1st, do we receive our full job description and manager's contact info on Wednesday (4 weeks before starting)? Or could it be later?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by vanessajenkins
I am the same! I am struggling to get info from Assignments at the moment to do the CS transfer form. It asks for new Line Manager contact details. I am assuming that would be the TDM. I need to get a move on as I’m an October start and my current department isn’t known for its rapid approach to anything. Can I ask what my fellow current CS put for that question?

Also haven’t had my salary confirmed and I’ve asked several times. I know they probably won’t match my allowances, as they are RRA and OLW. I just need to know they’ll match the base salary.

They must be super busy!

I haven’t filled my transfer form in yet as I haven’t received my salary confirmation.

I believe cabinet office would be the new department and I haven’t received any info on a manager so for now I will be leaving that blank as it’s unknown.

You have some time seen as you are a October start so hopefully you’ll hear something soon.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey everyone. If anyone is planning on moving to london for September start, please feel free to send me your phone no privately and I’ll set up a whatsapp group if you’d like to discuss options :smile:

Cheers,
Conor
Reply 6059
Hi, I was offered an EO role last week and I'm scheduled to start at the beginning of September, however, I want to study for a part-time master around the job, which would mean I would need a day to attend seminars during the week. Has anyone had experience in this? What working options could I put forward to accommodate this? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending