The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2020/21

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amydwyer99
Oh damn, pretty much lost all hope of getting a diplo post then :/

Sorry! That was not my intention. I have also put diplo first. Someone has to fill those 10 places, there's no reason why it can't be you.
Original post by lizobetho
Mine unlocked the day after I completed the online tests. Very confusing as to why they make some wait. I don't think it means you failed it, perhaps different schemes are processing at different times?

Mine annoyingly unlocked instantly on Sunday night. Annoying to me because I have work full time during the week so have little time to relax and prepare. No idea how the system works!
Original post by ElizabethVic
Sorry! That was not my intention. I have also put diplo first. Someone has to fill those 10 places, there's no reason why it can't be you.

Likewise. I'm fairly confident I could get a diplo posting if I could get to FSAC and FSB, it's just getting past the initial hurdles. I don't do well with video interviews as I panic if there's not another human present.
Original post by ElizabethVic

No don't worry! I'd rather know the chances haha
Reply 784
Hi! Just logged back onto my old account glad I still remembered the password!

Does anyone know what the the application deadline (22 October) is for? Im currently on the Work Based Scenarios exercise and I have a deadline past the deadline (5 days from now on 25 October) and was wondering whether to listen to that deadline or the 22 October deadline thats on the website

Its my first time applying and sorry if this has already been answered!
Original post by chummy
Hi! Just logged back onto my old account glad I still remembered the password!

Does anyone know what the the application deadline (22 October) is for? Im currently on the Work Based Scenarios exercise and I have a deadline past the deadline (5 days from now on 25 October) and was wondering whether to listen to that deadline or the 22 October deadline thats on the website

Its my first time applying and sorry if this has already been answered!

the deadline on the website is to apply for the scheme
Reply 786
Original post by AspiringCS
the deadline on the website is to apply for the scheme

Ok thank you! I was just scared that everything up to Assessment centre counted as "applying" for some reason XD
For those who have completed the WBS stage how long did the test take to do and is there anyway to prepare?
Original post by SophieLJ21
For those who have completed the WBS stage how long did the test take to do and is there anyway to prepare?

Personally, there’s no real way to to prepare for the WBS it’s similar to the situational judgement tests you do at the initial stage of the application but you’re given more information to aid you in answering the questions. The WBS states that it takes 40minutes to complete each test (there are two) , but it took me 4 hours in total to read through all the info provided and then answer the questions. It’s not timed to give yourself time to work at your own pace.
Reply 789
In terms of preparation there’s no way to study or anything but I’d recommend doing them with a clear head and not under any time pressure. Don’t leave it too late, you have 5 days to complete them but that doesn’t mean you should wait till day 4!Read all the information and think about your responses. Mine took me about 4hrs all together but I did the case study the day it opened up then the learning assessment the following day.
Just finished the Learning Assessment. Not feeling too confident really
Does anyone have a link to online practice SJTs?
Original post by sadi109
Just finished the Learning Assessment. Not feeling too confident really

The learning assessment has humbled quite a lot of us 😂😂, hopefully we'll be finding out quite soon how we actually did relative to each other.
Reply 793
Original post by 090o0
In terms of preparation there’s no way to study or anything but I’d recommend doing them with a clear head and not under any time pressure. Don’t leave it too late, you have 5 days to complete them but that doesn’t mean you should wait till day 4!Read all the information and think about your responses. Mine took me about 4hrs all together but I did the case study the day it opened up then the learning assessment the following day.

It makes a mockery of where they say it takes 50 minutes or whatever it was :biggrin:. Took me over three hours definitely. By the end I was exhausted.
Original post by SophieLJ21

3 - 4 hours! No joke. Just ignore where they say 45 minutes. I honestly wasn't prepared for that length of time. Though my cousin did get given a different test which was much quicker for her.
Original post by 0le
It makes a mockery of where they say it takes 50 minutes or whatever it was :biggrin:. Took me over three hours definitely. By the end I was exhausted.

Yes they really need to reassess their estimates because they’re seriously misleading - took me about three hours too
That's really helpful to know about the timings! Will definitely be starting earlier in the evening then I was planning!
Reply 797
God just read about the fact that there are only 10 places on diplomatic service, I mean I knew it was competitive but wow! Its my first choice but seeing this makes me realise how little chances I have 😅
Reply 798
Hello guys,Hope that we will all make it to the VI.I would like to ask any past and/or successful applicants what sort of questions shall we expect. Are the answers timed? How long the entire interview last? What are the competencies they examine in the interview?Any tips would be more than welcome as I feel that practice is essential for this stage.Thank you in advance.
Original post by Jemwm
God just read about the fact that there are only 10 places on diplomatic service, I mean I knew it was competitive but wow! Its my first choice but seeing this makes me realise how little chances I have 😅

Oh wow where did you read this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending