ryzen 5 3600 vs 7 2700x

Watch
inconanon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so i planning on building a pc but im not too sure what cou to use, wother rhe ryzen 5 3600 or the ryzen 7 2700x. they are both priced pretty much the same so that isnt an issue.
im using a b450 tomahawk max mob. im mainly gonna be gaming and doing CompSci work when uni starts but i also want to stream and edit aswell.

The cooler im getting for the cpus are both stock coolers but the cooler on the 7 2700x is better than the 5 3600. im not planning in overclocking as i dont really know much about that and dont wanna cause any problems.

any help is appreciated. thanks
rimstone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It counts on what games you play. If you play strategy/RTS games like me, you want a higher single-core performance ( the 5 3600), since a lot heavily use a single core and the 5 3600 has much better single-core performance. If your not fussed about slightly better FPS ( < 10) and play less single core heavy game and plan to run a ton of applications at once ( like 5-60 games while streaming), i guess go for the 7 2700x.

I personally would recommend the 5 3600, i have it and its amazing. The 7 2700x is also very good but the 5 3600 has intel level single-core performance and its just amazing in every regard. Even as a workstation CPU its beefy as hell and unless you want to run a ton of things 6 cores and 12 threads is enough. ( you pretty easily play 3-6 games at once on it while streaming, which ive seen done through Vm's where you give each VM one or two cores and two or four threads).
Last edited by rimstone; 1 month ago
inconanon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
cool, thats seeming like the way to go. thanks
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by inconanon)
so i planning on building a pc but im not too sure what cou to use, wother rhe ryzen 5 3600 or the ryzen 7 2700x. they are both priced pretty much the same so that isnt an issue.
im using a b450 tomahawk max mob. im mainly gonna be gaming and doing CompSci work when uni starts but i also want to stream and edit aswell.

The cooler im getting for the cpus are both stock coolers but the cooler on the 7 2700x is better than the 5 3600. im not planning in overclocking as i dont really know much about that and dont wanna cause any problems.

any help is appreciated. thanks
Another vote for the 3600 here, it's going to go down as one of those "classic" CPUs for being such a great all rounder. The 2700x has a slight edge in multicore, but the 3600 is just better overall.
Last edited by Gofre; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (74)
21.45%
No (271)
78.55%

Watched Threads