I'm worried I'll fail my last module because I submitted early

Watch
Anonymusy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So it was in 2 parts, I submitted part 1 a week before the deadline and realised when it was too late to change anything that I'd forgotten to add page numbers to the document. I submitted part 2 today which is also an early submission as the deadline is next week. I can't change that even if I made a mistake because it said once you submit you can't change/edit the submission which I think is unfair. You should be able to edit until the deadline and usually i can but for this part I can't 😩

I've never submitted any work early before. Before corona I had to hand in a physical copy in person which I always did at the last minute on the deadline day because I always had things to finish off. Now all of a sudden I've handed in early for the first time and already think I've failed both parts. I always think i could have done more or will get a fail/low grade. This time I think I will because I submitted too early. Ugh I don't want to resit, I've already had a resit this year and it was horrible. I don't want to do that again. I just want to finish my course now and have a long break, it's been a long 4 years at uni with many sleepless nights. If I fail this last module it would all have been for nothing.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you sure you can't submit a new version? That's always been the case from my experience, we can submit as many drafts as we like until the deadline.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
Are you sure you can't submit a new version? That's always been the case from my experience, we can submit as many drafts as we like until the deadline.
I'm sure, there was no option to edit my submission like there usually is.
Desideri
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can’t really think of any type of assignment that you could fail just for not including page numbers. That would be one weird mark-scheme.

It sounds to me more like regular post-submission anxiety, not like you’ve actually done something wrong.

(My course doesn’t allow us to resubmit, even before the deadline, so that certainly may be the case)
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm sure, there was no option to edit my submission like there usually is.
What are you submitting through?

We always used turnitin which let us submit new drafts until the deadline. We don't edit the drafts we sent in already.
Desideri
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bio 7)

We always used turnitin which let us submit new drafts until the deadline. We don't edit the drafts we sent in already.
Its up to universities whether they allow resubmissions on Turnitin. Not all do.
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We can upload many drafts and Also so many turnitin runs (but capped at 3 in 24 hours)
But once you press submit, that’s it.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bio 7)

We don't use turnitin, we have to submit through moodle in the assessment area of the module.
Anonymusy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Update: I passed both parts and got a decent mark. I can't believe it, so glad I don't have to resit anything and am free now for that long break.
Last edited by Anonymusy; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymusy)
Update: I passed both parts and got a decent mark. I can't believe it, so glad I don't have to resit anything and am free now for that long break.
what subject are you studying ?
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymusy)
Well done!!
Anonymusy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
what subject are you studying ?
Design
Anonymusy
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
Well done!!
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (77)
21.51%
No (281)
78.49%

Watched Threads