What A-Levels are you taking from September (or other eligible qualifications)?
Maths, Chemistry , Physics, Further Maths.
2) What course at Cambridge do you have your eyes on? And why?
I would love to study physical natsci because I really like the style of Cambridge science courses and would love to be able to study multiple sciences at uni level, however when applying to other unis I will be studying physics because the other natsci courses don’t appeal to me as much as Cambridge.
3) What grades did you get at GCSE? Are you retaking any?
4) Why Cambridge specifically? and why not Oxford?
I really like the structure of Cambridge science degrees whereas at oxford you just study one science eg. Physics, so i would rather study at Cambridge.
5) Which admissions tests do you have to sit, and when will you start preparing for them?
NSAA, I will probably start preparing properly at the end of year 12/start of year 13 (probably over summer) .
6) What have you done in lockdown to help your studies and potentially your application to Cambridge?
I have done an online course from the university of york on nuclear physics which was really interesting, I have watched a lot of YouTube lectures on lots of topics including astrophysics and biological physics. I have also done quite a lot of Isaac physics questions to help improve my problem solving which will help for the NSAA.
7) What do you want to do with your degree from Cambridge?
I’m not entirely sure, I quite like the idea of working in academia and research but I’m not sure if I will do that, I would also really like to become a clinical medical physicist which is what I think I will do although the training scheme is quite competitive.
8) Have you decided which college you're applying to?
I’m not really sure yet, I’ve looked into a few colleges and like the look of Christ’s and Pembroke so probably one of those 2.