The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Official Cambridge 2022 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

@Theloniouss, do Cambridge favour against you if you only have 3 A levels? I wanted to do 4 but my school couldn't timetable it. I'm also doing an EPQ.
Original post by twinkletoes_
anyone applying to homerton here

me
Original post by succubus666
me

Which sub?
Original post by Anonymous
Which sub?

english hbu
Original post by numnum1111
@Theloniouss, do Cambridge favour against you if you only have 3 A levels? I wanted to do 4 but my school couldn't timetable it. I'm also doing an EPQ.

Assuming you haven't missed out on an A level relevant to the degree you're applying for, no. Offers are only 3 A-levels for a reason, and especially if your school wouldn't let you do 4 it won't be important.
Original post by numnum1111

It doesn't fully answer your question but I think it depends on what A-Levels you picked? They are ideally looking for applicants that offer 3 or more science/maths based A-Levels (excluding Psychology) for Medicine anyways.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Fruit09
It doesn't fully answer your question but I think it depends on what A-Levels you picked? They are ideally looking for applicants that offer 3 or more science/maths based A-Levels (excluding Psychology) for Medicine anyways.

Yes, I have biology, chemistry and maths: standard medicine trio.
Has anyone who's already applied submitted their SAQ yet? I submitted mine a few days ago and am just wondering if it's normal for there to be a delay in the college confirming receipt of it? I would have thought it was an automatic email response and now I'm worried they haven't received my SAQ haha
Original post by phys_X_
Has anyone who's already applied submitted their SAQ yet? I submitted mine a few days ago and am just wondering if it's normal for there to be a delay in the college confirming receipt of it? I would have thought it was an automatic email response and now I'm worried they haven't received my SAQ haha

Hi, I submitted mine about half an hour ago and received an automatic confirmation response from the SAQ email (university-wide, not college specific). I think that it said you receive it within 2 hours of submission so maybe check your spam folder and if not contact the uni?
Does each college review applicants or it is it done centrally? So if I apply to Trinity does an admissions officer for that college review my application (and the subject professors) or is it done centrally? Confused!
Original post by Cat2022
Does each college review applicants or it is it done centrally? So if I apply to Trinity does an admissions officer for that college review my application (and the subject professors) or is it done centrally? Confused!

The college reviews the application. Cambridge is different from Oxford in this sense.
P.S. I'm also applying to Trinity :smile: Which course are you applying for?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by rishrad16
Hi, would you mind sharing which are the other two unis that have already sent your daughter offers (well done to her). My son has applied to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Manchester - for economics. It seems LSE is particularly notorious for late offers.

LSE is ridiculous for late offers. One of my cousins was about to accept another offer because she didn't hear back from LSE, so assumed she was rejected. Fortunately, she got a phone call just in time!
Anyone applying for law at Clare?
Reply 993
Original post by phys_X_

Just wanted to ask, did you take your picture by your phone? just curious :biggrin:
Original post by Theloniouss
If you navigate to the first post of this thread (if you're on mobile, there's a blue tab on the side you can scroll with) there's an "applicant threads" dropdown menu with all the threads in it

Thanks a lot.. Got it .
Original post by AMsch
Just wanted to ask, did you take your picture by your phone? just curious :biggrin:

I went to a photo booth in Asda hahaha, there’s an option to have the photo emailed to you
Just a small tip for the SAQ photo: make sure you upload a photo you're genuinely happy with! If you're accepted into Cambridge then that photo will be on your university card for the duration of your degree.

I'm a first-year MMLer by the way, if anyone has any questions about interviews or admissions tips then I'll do my best to answer them :smile:
Original post by AMsch

A photo taken by phone is fine, but I would advise someone else to take it rather than relying on a selfie. The SAQ photo will be the photo used for your university ID card.
I'm not sure if anyone would have any experience of this. I go to a fairly large school so there are a number of us applying to Oxbridge. I have my heart set on a particular college, however, someone else has already applied for that college with the same course as me from my school. Is there any reason we shouldn't both apply to the same college, i.e measured up against one another/in direct competition with one another etc...?
Does anyone have any advice on Cambridge - I would like to apply as I am in my gap year and am resitting two subjects, however, I think my overall academic profile is pretty poor so I don't know if I should bother. Also, I found out that there is a TSA which I don't know if I will excel in. I also go/ ent to a state school so I don't know if all of these factors put me at a disadvantage. Any advice is welcome!

Latest