numnum1111
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Theloniouss, do Cambridge favour against you if you only have 3 A levels? I wanted to do 4 but my school couldn't timetable it. I'm also doing an EPQ.
succubus666
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by twinkletoes_)
anyone applying to homerton here
me
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by succubus666)
me
Which sub?
succubus666
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Which sub?
english hbu
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by numnum1111)
Theloniouss, do Cambridge favour against you if you only have 3 A levels? I wanted to do 4 but my school couldn't timetable it. I'm also doing an EPQ.
Assuming you haven't missed out on an A level relevant to the degree you're applying for, no. Offers are only 3 A-levels for a reason, and especially if your school wouldn't let you do 4 it won't be important.
Fruit09
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by numnum1111)
It doesn't fully answer your question but I think it depends on what A-Levels you picked? They are ideally looking for applicants that offer 3 or more science/maths based A-Levels (excluding Psychology) for Medicine anyways.
Last edited by Fruit09; 1 week ago
numnum1111
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fruit09)
It doesn't fully answer your question but I think it depends on what A-Levels you picked? They are ideally looking for applicants that offer 3 or more science/maths based A-Levels (excluding Psychology) for Medicine anyways.
Yes, I have biology, chemistry and maths: standard medicine trio.
phys_X_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone who's already applied submitted their SAQ yet? I submitted mine a few days ago and am just wondering if it's normal for there to be a delay in the college confirming receipt of it? I would have thought it was an automatic email response and now I'm worried they haven't received my SAQ haha
livlifestudying
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by phys_X_)
Has anyone who's already applied submitted their SAQ yet? I submitted mine a few days ago and am just wondering if it's normal for there to be a delay in the college confirming receipt of it? I would have thought it was an automatic email response and now I'm worried they haven't received my SAQ haha
Hi, I submitted mine about half an hour ago and received an automatic confirmation response from the SAQ email (university-wide, not college specific). I think that it said you receive it within 2 hours of submission so maybe check your spam folder and if not contact the uni?
Cat2022
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Does each college review applicants or it is it done centrally? So if I apply to Trinity does an admissions officer for that college review my application (and the subject professors) or is it done centrally? Confused!
numnum1111
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cat2022)
Does each college review applicants or it is it done centrally? So if I apply to Trinity does an admissions officer for that college review my application (and the subject professors) or is it done centrally? Confused!
The college reviews the application. Cambridge is different from Oxford in this sense.
P.S. I'm also applying to Trinity Which course are you applying for?
Last edited by numnum1111; 1 week ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by rishrad16)
Hi, would you mind sharing which are the other two unis that have already sent your daughter offers (well done to her). My son has applied to Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Manchester - for economics. It seems LSE is particularly notorious for late offers.
LSE is ridiculous for late offers. One of my cousins was about to accept another offer because she didn't hear back from LSE, so assumed she was rejected. Fortunately, she got a phone call just in time!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Anyone applying for law at Clare?
AMsch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by phys_X_)
Just wanted to ask, did you take your picture by your phone? just curious
sootysindy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Theloniouss)
If you navigate to the first post of this thread (if you're on mobile, there's a blue tab on the side you can scroll with) there's an "applicant threads" dropdown menu with all the threads in it
Thanks a lot.. Got it .
phys_X_
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AMsch)
I went to a photo booth in Asda hahaha, there’s an option to have the photo emailed to you
aconstanthamlet
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just a small tip for the SAQ photo: make sure you upload a photo you're genuinely happy with! If you're accepted into Cambridge then that photo will be on your university card for the duration of your degree.

I'm a first-year MMLer by the way, if anyone has any questions about interviews or admissions tips then I'll do my best to answer them
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AMsch)
A photo taken by phone is fine, but I would advise someone else to take it rather than relying on a selfie. The SAQ photo will be the photo used for your university ID card.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
I'm not sure if anyone would have any experience of this. I go to a fairly large school so there are a number of us applying to Oxbridge. I have my heart set on a particular college, however, someone else has already applied for that college with the same course as me from my school. Is there any reason we shouldn't both apply to the same college, i.e measured up against one another/in direct competition with one another etc...?
diyaa27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone have any advice on Cambridge - I would like to apply as I am in my gap year and am resitting two subjects, however, I think my overall academic profile is pretty poor so I don't know if I should bother. Also, I found out that there is a TSA which I don't know if I will excel in. I also go/ ent to a state school so I don't know if all of these factors put me at a disadvantage. Any advice is welcome!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (249)
57.37%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (58)
13.36%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.83%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (37)
8.53%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.53%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise