Referred to hospital by Specsavers

Watch
Athena Aurora
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I went to spec savers for a routine visit and they said that my optic nerve in both my eyes were not like they supposed to be and then another person came to look at my eyes then after that they took pictures of my eyes. Then they referred me to the hospital and they told me that if I get any headaches or any changes in my vision I should go straight to A&E.

I missed the call from the hospital yesterday because I didn't expect them to call so quickly I was still in the store, spec savers told me to wait for them to call back they were very insistent about me having to go to the "eye hospital" because they had already referred me there was nothing they could do, and I had to wait for the hospital to call back. They haven't called me back yet.

So I called 111 and they told me to call spec savers. But I called spec savers and they said to call my GP but my GP office is closed until Monday. What should I do?
martin7
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Raven Firefly)
I went to spec savers for a routine visit and they said that my optic nerve in both my eyes were not like they supposed to be and then another person came to look at my eyes then after that they took pictures of my eyes. Then they referred me to the hospital and they told me that if I get any headaches or any changes in my vision I should go straight to A&E.

I missed the call from the hospital yesterday because I didn't expect them to call so quickly I was still in the store, spec savers told me to wait for them to call back they were very insistent about me having to go to the "eye hospital" because they had already referred me there was nothing they could do, and I had to wait for the hospital to call back. They haven't called me back yet.

So I called 111 and they told me to call spec savers. But I called spec savers and they said to call my GP but my GP office is closed until Monday. What should I do?
Can you try calling the eye hospital on the number they called you from? Did they leave a message, and did it tell you what to do?

Can you check the hospital's contact details online and ring them?

If there's a potential issue with the optic nerve, then I believe this is something that needs investigation as a priority; and that's probably why you got the call back so soon. If the eye hospital has an emergencies number you could call that and explain the situation.

Keep your phone with you at all times, and answer the call when it comes in.
Athena Aurora
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by martin7)
Can you try calling the eye hospital on the number they called you from? Did they leave a message, and did it tell you what to do?

Can you check the hospital's contact details online and ring them?

If there's a potential issue with the optic nerve, then I believe this is something that needs investigation as a priority; and that's probably why you got the call back so soon. If the eye hospital has an emergencies number you could call that and explain the situation.

Keep your phone with you at all times, and answer the call when it comes in.
The eye hospital called from a private number so I can't call them back sadly. It seems all NHS numbers come up as private.
I wasn't given the hospitals online details by specsavers, I'll call them again now to get the hospitals details. Don't know why that didn't occur to me. Thank you so much for the advice.
I'm glued to my phone.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Raven Firefly)
The eye hospital called from a private number so I can't call them back sadly. It seems all NHS numbers come up as private.
I wasn't given the hospitals online details by specsavers, I'll call them again now to get the hospitals details. Don't know why that didn't occur to me. Thank you so much for the advice.
I'm glued to my phone.
If you have any difficulties, call the hospital switchboard (local one with A&E) and then ask for Eye Casualty <- that's where the referral will have gone to.

:goodluck:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (21)
27.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (7)
9.21%
No I am happy with my choice (44)
57.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads