kaitlyn.b.i
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So this is a bit of a complicated question.

I have been planning on taking art at a level for a really long time. I got a 9 in art at GCSE, it's a huge part of who I am and it will be my last chance to do art in education before I go into engineering. However, the school I'm planning on going to has told me that I can't do both art and further maths, and further maths would be really important for my future plans. But I'm really worried that if I don't do art, I'll regret once I'm older with a full-time job and no time to do any art.

Does anybody have any advice on what I should do?
NathanAtro3
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why won't they let you do both?
kaitlyn.b.i
Rep:
?
(Original post by NathanAtro3)
Why won't they let you do both?
The way they've done the subject blocks means that the art class and further maths class occur at the same time (there's only one of each)
NathanAtro3
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by kaitlyn.b.i)
The way they've done the subject blocks means that the art class and further maths class occur at the same time (there's only one of each)
Yikes. Just follow your heart then. Sounds tacky but trust me.
kaitlyn.b.i
Rep:
?
(Original post by NathanAtro3)
Yikes. Just follow your heart then. Sounds tacky but trust me.
Yeah, I know aha. Thank you for the advice : )
OCorOOC6337
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don't know about your access to art supplies, but you can always do art at home and in your spare time. It's what I do with writing!

And it sounds boring and annoying, but unless you can find good Engineering courses that *don't* require Further Maths, you probably shouldn't compromise your future. If you want to be an engineer, then do prioritise it. It's your future!
kaitlyn.b.i
Rep:
?
(Original post by OCorOOC6337)
I don't know about your access to art supplies, but you can always do art at home and in your spare time. It's what I do with writing!

And it sounds boring and annoying, but unless you can find good Engineering courses that *don't* require Further Maths, you probably shouldn't compromise your future. If you want to be an engineer, then do prioritise it. It's your future!
That's good advice, thank you. I'm exploring other ideas, such as seeing whether the school would allow me to set up an art club, so hopefully, I won't be *too* sad about giving it up as an a level.
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Would the art teacher be willing to accommodate you around your other subjects Worth asking anyway.
kaitlyn.b.i
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scotney)
Would the art teacher be willing to accommodate you around your other subjects Worth asking anyway.
Hm, that's a good idea. I'll think about asking, thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.55%
I'm not sure (57)
4.58%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.5%
I have already dropped out (36)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (603)
48.47%

Watched Threads