n777
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm looking to go into finance, working for one of the Big Four. What are their typical a level requirements? Does it really matter, does the degree matter more? Is A*A*B fine or does that B put me at a disadvantage? The annoying thing is I was two marks off an A
Last edited by n777; 1 month ago
stulfc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For Pwc and EY the alevels dont matter

Degree as long as you have an upper second then the requirement is fine.

In securing a place it's a more about how you can demonstrate you're a good fit for them
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
AAB- ABB is usually the cut offs
BusMan21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Get a remark if you care. But that’s fine
n777
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Should I do a fourth a level in hopes of getting an A in my gap year to compensate for that B? Does a levels even matter that much? Are they really strict with a levels, do they want all a levels to be examined in the same series/year (not spread across 2 years)/no resits? Should I just leave it if I've met the uni entry requirements? I can retake the B subject in the autumn, but I haven't studied it in ages, dunno if I'm gonna get an A. Just concerned with employers using a levels as a filter
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by n777)
Should I do a fourth a level in hopes of getting an A in my gap year to compensate for that B? Does a levels even matter that much? Are they really strict with a levels, do they want all a levels to be examined in the same series/year (not spread across 2 years)/no resits? Should I just leave it if I've met the uni entry requirements? I can retake the B subject in the autumn, but I haven't studied it in ages, dunno if I'm gonna get an A. Just concerned with employers using a levels as a filter
no need, your grades are good.. focus on your studies and getting some work experience
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (34)
21.25%
No (126)
78.75%

Watched Threads