lewisbaybutt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Does anyone have experience with applying to Russell Group Unis with BTEC qualifications? I am taking two A-Levels and a BTEC qualification. Could the BTEC qualification affect my application or will the two A-Levels be sufficient. Obviously providing I achieve the entry requirements...
mk1212
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I doubt it, at lot of Russell group unis accept btec alongside an a level qualification
JGoosey2002
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lewisbaybutt)
Does anyone have experience with applying to Russell Group Unis with BTEC qualifications? I am taking two A-Levels and a BTEC qualification. Could the BTEC qualification affect my application or will the two A-Levels be sufficient. Obviously providing I achieve the entry requirements...
Yep you’ll be fine. Maybe the very top few (Oxbridge, imperial etc...) won’t like it but 95% of unis including most Russel groups won’t mind.

My friend who is starting economics at Bristol with me this year had Btec IT as his third subject
N. Auditoré
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Whats the course?

I applied for Law at Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol, Leeds and Liverpool with a CTEC in Applied Sciences and A Level Sociology. I got 4/5 offers in 2 weeks and my CTEC subject wasn’t even relevant to law loool. I believe you’ll be fine really. I also know someone who got an interview for Cambridge law with a CTEC as their 3rd subject
lewisbaybutt
Rep:
?
(Original post by JGoosey2002)
Yep you’ll be fine. Maybe the very top few (Oxbridge, imperial etc...) won’t like it but 95% of unis including most Russel groups won’t mind.

My friend who is starting economics at Bristol with me this year had Btec IT as his third subject
Oh thats reassuring!! Im doing BTEC IT as well!! Thank You! 😊
lewisbaybutt
Rep:
?
(Original post by nathan_nacu)
Whats the course?

I applied for Law at Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol, Leeds and Liverpool with a CTEC in Applied Sciences and A Level Sociology. I got 4/5 offers in 2 weeks and my CTEC subject wasn’t even relevant to law loool. I believe you’ll be fine really. I also know someone who got an interview for Cambridge law with a CTEC as their 3rd subject
I'm hoping to apply for Law at Durham and Bristol and then some lower ranked Unis as backups in a way. I am doing A-Level Geography, A-Level Business and BTEC IT.
N. Auditoré
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm hoping to apply for Law at Durham and Bristol and then some lower ranked Unis as backups in a way. I am doing A-Level Geography, A-Level Business and BTEC IT.
You’ll definitely get your offer if u have a good LNAT and predictions. It didn’t hold me back with Bristol and I only had 1 A Level so you should be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (50)
30.49%
No - I have already returned home (21)
12.8%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (37)
22.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
9.15%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
25%

Watched Threads