The Student Room Group

Whats up with the Uturn and grades this yr?

Sooo it says that CAG’s so teacher prediction grades are given to GCSE and A LEVEL students buut the government announced this AFTER a level results day sooo those a level students that first saw their grade and were either happy or disappointed (coz many got downgraded) are they now getting their teacher predictions?? Also those who then got rejected from their universities... are the universities given those students their place back?? Because I heard on one video they can’t since those people who went through clearing (before this announcement) then got those places buuut shouldn’t those places offered to those who went thru clearing be rejected and those original spaces for people who originally applied be given to them??
Also on results day a level MANYY have done videos on it and many say they have been downgraded and they have been very upset buuut how bout with the U turn ?

Ok so after this announcement I thought yh ok cool so teachers will give predictions for GCSE results day buut I met my friend doing GCSE and she said it’s half half so for some ppl the government gave the grades and some people for their CAG’s .... wat?? I mean she said this was to avoid bias coz some teachers do that u k ... but still., like she told me many of her friends didn’t get the grades they wanted blah blah blah.

So yh if anyone can reply and we can talk bout this situation 😊
Reply 1
Everyone's A-Levels have been replaced by CAG's, whether they were requested individually or not. I can only assume they have done the same for GCSE's too (I wouldn't know, I've just left Y13.) Some of my friends have been offered places that they were previously rejected from (their first set of A-Levels not being high enough) but after the U-turn, they were given the chance to take their original place. However, this seemed too late for some people I know who had already come to terms with their disappointment and ended up going through clearing and decided to stick with their new offer.
Basically the gov tried to repair their mistakes too late.
Original post by Monsur x
Sooo it says that CAG’s so teacher prediction grades are given to GCSE and A LEVEL students buut the government announced this AFTER a level results day sooo those a level students that first saw their grade and were either happy or disappointed (coz many got downgraded) are they now getting their teacher predictions?? Also those who then got rejected from their universities... are the universities given those students their place back?? Because I heard on one video they can’t since those people who went through clearing (before this announcement) then got those places buuut shouldn’t those places offered to those who went thru clearing be rejected and those original spaces for people who originally applied be given to them??
Also on results day a level MANYY have done videos on it and many say they have been downgraded and they have been very upset buuut how bout with the U turn ?

Ok so after this announcement I thought yh ok cool so teachers will give predictions for GCSE results day buut I met my friend doing GCSE and she said it’s half half so for some ppl the government gave the grades and some people for their CAG’s .... wat?? I mean she said this was to avoid bias coz some teachers do that u k ... but still., like she told me many of her friends didn’t get the grades they wanted blah blah blah.

So yh if anyone can reply and we can talk bout this situation 😊

like she told me many of her friends didn’t get the grades they wanted blah blah blah.

Oh how I have wanted to use this sort of reasoning in many of my letters and advice.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
like she told me many of her friends didn’t get the grades they wanted blah blah blah.

Oh how I have wanted to use this sort of reasoning in many of my letters and advice.

I don’t get it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending