The Student Room Group

January intake questions

Hello :smile:

I'm thinking of applying for uni in September for a January 2021 course but i'm confused by a few things:

1. Will I be starting late or early? What I mean by that is, will I be joining students that started in September 2020 or will I be ahead of students joining September 2021? Or will the January intake be completely separate?

2. Will my terms be the same as everyone else's & will I graduate at the same time?

3. If i'll be joining September 2020 students does that mean i'll have less time to complete the work they've already done and I will have to catch up?

I genuinely can't get my head around it lol, also if anyone has anything else I should know about starting in January I would appreciate it!

thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by melp1997

I'm thinking of applying for uni in September for a January 2021 course but i'm confused by a few things:

1. Will I be starting late or early? What I mean by that is, will I be joining students that started in September 2020 or will I be ahead of students joining September 2021? Or will the January intake be completely separate?

2. Will my terms be the same as everyone else's & will I graduate at the same time?

3. If i'll be joining September 2020 students does that mean i'll have less time to complete the work they've already done and I will have to catch up?

I genuinely can't get my head around it lol, also if anyone has anything else I should know about starting in January I would appreciate it!

It will depend on the uni. For example at Coventry, see here: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/life-on-campus/term-dates/

It appears as though the January intake is completely separate with different semester dates, a different graduation period and also having the 'holiday' between years in the autumn instead of the summer.
Original post by melp1997

January intakes are completely separate and so you will graduate at a different time.
Original post by thegalaxy
It will depend on the uni. For example at Coventry, see here: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/life-on-campus/term-dates/

It appears as though the January intake is completely separate with different semester dates, a different graduation period and also having the 'holiday' between years in the autumn instead of the summer.

very helpful, thank you!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending