username5130022
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hello

I'm thinking of applying for uni in September for a January 2021 course but i'm confused by a few things:

1. Will I be starting late or early? What I mean by that is, will I be joining students that started in September 2020 or will I be ahead of students joining September 2021? Or will the January intake be completely separate?

2. Will my terms be the same as everyone else's & will I graduate at the same time?

3. If i'll be joining September 2020 students does that mean i'll have less time to complete the work they've already done and I will have to catch up?

I genuinely can't get my head around it lol, also if anyone has anything else I should know about starting in January I would appreciate it!

thanks in advance
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by melp1997)
Hello

I'm thinking of applying for uni in September for a January 2021 course but i'm confused by a few things:

1. Will I be starting late or early? What I mean by that is, will I be joining students that started in September 2020 or will I be ahead of students joining September 2021? Or will the January intake be completely separate?

2. Will my terms be the same as everyone else's & will I graduate at the same time?

3. If i'll be joining September 2020 students does that mean i'll have less time to complete the work they've already done and I will have to catch up?

I genuinely can't get my head around it lol, also if anyone has anything else I should know about starting in January I would appreciate it!

thanks in advance
It will depend on the uni. For example at Coventry, see here: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/life-on-campus/term-dates/

It appears as though the January intake is completely separate with different semester dates, a different graduation period and also having the 'holiday' between years in the autumn instead of the summer.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by melp1997)
Hello

thanks in advance
January intakes are completely separate and so you will graduate at a different time.
username5130022
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by thegalaxy)
It will depend on the uni. For example at Coventry, see here: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/life-on-campus/term-dates/

It appears as though the January intake is completely separate with different semester dates, a different graduation period and also having the 'holiday' between years in the autumn instead of the summer.
very helpful, thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
15.44%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (45)
33.09%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
10.29%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (14)
10.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
5.15%
I think it's an unfair expectation (32)
23.53%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed