The Student Room Group

third year

hey there,
so i achieved 59% overall in my second year and i was wondering if its still possible to get a high 2:1 or 1st overall in my degree. The weighting is 30% for second year and 70% for 1st year. Some advice on how to improve would be great too.
Original post by Peznor
hey there,
so i achieved 59% overall in my second year and i was wondering if its still possible to get a high 2:1 or 1st overall in my degree. The weighting is 30% for second year and 70% for 1st year. Some advice on how to improve would be great too.

You'd need to average 75% overall in your third year to get a 1st at that level. A 2:1 is certainly within reach. I averaged around 52-3% in my second year and managed 65-8% average in my third year. Bringing my overall degree to around 62-3%. It's definitely do-able to come from a 2:2 to a 2:1, especially when your average from 2nd year is so close. A first is possible but unlikely at this point I'm afraid. You need to average 75, which means whatever marks you get in below 75 will have to be countered by something over it - which is quite unrealistic. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest