r.uh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!

I've been on TSR Politics for a while now and have debated, questioned and scrutinised with all you fellow human beings on a number of different issues.

I chose to be a part of the TSR Politics community because, as a young person, I think people in our age bracket should express ourselves and bring about societal change from a grassroots level. Thankfully, our presence here on this niche platform of the Internet has run concurrent with a whole wave of student movements across the world.

From Great Thunberg's protests on climate change (yes I know she's controversial!) to the hundreds of students who marched against the UK governments 2020 exams fiasco, young people around the globe have shown that they are interested and involved with political issues that affect them directly.

That's why in lock down I decided to compile a series of essays on a whole range of issues that I felt were relevant in this moment of history. I've been thinking of publishing these essays as a book (probs selling for like 3 quid) to help stimulate a discussion and debate amongst young people especially. I've also been thinking of doing it because politics is one of the few areas of academia where I actually enjoy writing at length about.

So what do you think? Should I self publish?
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go for it dude. It'll be a good experience to have self publishing a book.
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Best of luck mate
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't do it! Book publishing is costly and unless you sell a lot you're out of pocket. Most authors lose money when they push for their own book to be published
r.uh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
Don't do it! Book publishing is costly and unless you sell a lot you're out of pocket. Most authors lose money when they push for their own book to be published
Damn really?
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by r.uh)
Damn really?
Yeah! Being an author is only profitable when you sell a sizeable chunk. If you don't you're always out of pocket.
r.uh
Rep:
?
Yeah! Being an author is only profitable when you sell a sizeable chunk. If you don't you're always out of pocket.
Amazon have this service where you can publish for free... I'm considering using that tbh
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by r.uh)
Hi!

I've been on TSR Politics for a while now and have debated, questioned and scrutinised with all you fellow human beings on a number of different issues.

I chose to be a part of the TSR Politics community because, as a young person, I think people in our age bracket should express ourselves and bring about societal change from a grassroots level. Thankfully, our presence here on this niche platform of the Internet has run concurrent with a whole wave of student movements across the world.

From Great Thunberg's protests on climate change (yes I know she's controversial!) to the hundreds of students who marched against the UK governments 2020 exams fiasco, young people around the globe have shown that they are interested and involved with political issues that affect them directly.

That's why in lock down I decided to compile a series of essays on a whole range of issues that I felt were relevant in this moment of history. I've been thinking of publishing these essays as a book (probs selling for like 3 quid) to help stimulate a discussion and debate amongst young people especially. I've also been thinking of doing it because politics is one of the few areas of academia where I actually enjoy writing at length about.

Good luck!
Out of interest was that a typo when you wrote 'great Thunbergs protests'?
Not especially, you can easily self publish for a pittance.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by r.uh)
Amazon have this service where you can publish for free... I'm considering using that tbh
I'd reccoend it, i had a friend who published some short stories she wrote with it and found it quite enjoyable. Just be sure to get the thing proof read properly or people will rip you a new one in the reviews for it :lol:
r.uh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Not especially, you can easily self publish for a pittance.
Yh my bad... It should be greta thunberg...
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by r.uh)
Yh my bad... It should be greta thunberg...
Could have been worse, as far as typos go that one was quite amusing
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by r.uh)
Hi!

Create a YouTube channel and read your essays in a podcast.
Iñigo de Loyola
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Napp)
Could have been worse, as far as typos go that one was quite amusing
Autocorrect once made me write about ”Satsuma Rees-Mogg”.
r.uh
Rep:
?
Got some good news:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6660814
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (79)
21.7%
No (285)
78.3%

Watched Threads